Within the framework of the Weeks of German Language the award-winning children's and youth film Auf Augenhöhe will be screened at the International School of Paphos. The event is open and everybody is welcome.
Since the death of his single mother, 10-year-old Michi is living in a children's home, where he does not feel very happy. Things seem to change for him when he finds a letter from his mother addressed to his unknown father.His father is not the great protector he had imagined: His father, Tom, has dwarfism. A story full of challenges begins, because the other children at the home notice that Michi's dad is different and do not stop at mockery. When a paternity test is scheduled by the Youth Welfare Office, the fresh father-son relationship is put to the test.
Direction: Evi Goldbrunner, Joachim Dollhopf
Script: Evi Goldbrunner, Joachim Dollhopf
Camera: Jürgen Jürges
Editing: Maja Stieghorst
Music: David Ossa
Producers: Martin Richter, Christian Becker
Cast: Luis Vorbach, Jordan Prentice, Ella Frey, Mira Bartuschek, Phil Laude, Sebastian Fräsdorf, Anica Dobra, Patrick Kalupa, Marco Licht, Anselm Haderer, David Omeni, Cristiano Hoenning, Sebastian Gerold, Nils Schulz, Maya Bothe, Hans-Maria Darnov
Some of the awards
- 2016: Audience award, Kinderfilmfest München (childrens's film festival Munich) at the 34th Filmfest München
- 2016: Youth and children's film award of the Goethe-Institut, 21st Internationales Filmfestival Schlingel
- 2016: Children's and youth film award "Rakete", 27th Kinofest Lünen
- 2017: Best children's film, Deutscher Filmpreis 2017
- 2017: Kindertiger Drehbuchpreis (script award), given by Vision Kino and KiKA