German for teens
Ages: 12–15 years
Courses at levels A1 to B2
The scenic fresh air spa of Edenkoben is at the southern end of Germany's wine route, about 10 kilometers from Landau in der Pfalz. The historic town center features typical half-timbered buildings, vintners' houses and arched gateways. The surrounding area features vineyards, meadows and gardens.
Our young participants are accommodated in the sports academy of the Southern German Football Association. The highly respected academy has modern and comfortable facilities and is situated in a scenic location amid vineyards and chestnut woods. It has its own indoor pool and several gymnasiums. We use the spacious, unspoiled campus for sports and leisure activities of all kinds. With our young participants we also take hikes and excursions to explore the surrounding area.
- 3 weeks, 15 days of lessons
- intensive course from Monday to Friday
- 90 UI* in total, 30 UI per week
- maximum class size: 16
- placement test
- participation certificate
- two-bed and three-bed rooms
- full board
- Professional supervision
- teaching materials
- sports, culture and leisure-time program**
- four excursions, e.g. Speyer, Heidelberg, Worms
- health/accident insurance
- Transfer to/from Frankfurt Airport included
- Internet access
- Tour operator liability according to German Civil Code §651r BGB
** We do not offer activities posing increased risks to individuals or groups or involving potential liability risks for the Goethe-Institut or participants (e.g. theme parks, tobogganing, boulder climbing, rafting, free climbing).
|Course price||€ 3,695 all-inclusive|
By planeA transfer service will be available between Frankfurt Airport (FRA) and Sportschule Edenkoben between 7 am and 6 pm on the official arrival and departure days (114 km). (Waiting times may occur.) On the arrival day our staff will meet the participants at the exit from the transit area in the arrivals hall of the airport. The staff member will be holding a Goethe-Institut sign and can show identification. For organizational reasons we regret that we cannot provide you with the staff member's name until three days prior to the course at the earliest. On the departure date we will accompany the participants to the check-in desk at the airport.
- Please inform us of your child's arrival and departure times and flight numbers after booking.
- If your child arrives at or departs from Frankfurt before 7 am or after 6 pm, you will be charged a single transfer fee of approx. €220. This single transfer is by taxi.
By trainThe sports academy is about 4 km from Edenkoben train station. Turn right from Bahnhofstraße into Weinstraße, which later turns into Villastraße. We do not offer a transfer service from the station (www.bahn.de)
By carFrom the north:
Exit the A65 at the Edenkoben exit in the direction of Edenkoben and then follow the access road.
Continue for 100 meters.
From the south:
As above and then:
- Follow the road to the K6 and turn left.
- After 300 meters, turn into Venninger Straße from the roundabout.
- After 460 meters, take the third exit from the roundabout.
- After 500 meters, turn right into Luitpoldstraße.
- After 1 km, turn into Klosterstraße.
- After about 1.2 kilometers, turn left into Woogweg.
- After 500 meters, turn right into Villastraße. Follow it to the school.
Note:If the participant cannot arrive or depart on the official arrival/departure date, then please arrange for arrival one day later or departure one day earlier. Before and after the course, our staff can neither offer a transfer service nor guarantee care of students. There are also no meals available at the school before or after the course sessions.
Contact before arrivalIn case of questions or messages before the course starts, please contact the Central Customer Management office of the Goethe-Instituts in Germany:
Tel. +49 89 15921-800
Address and telephone numbers during the courseCourse office in Edenkoben
Telephone number and email address: This information will be forwarded to you on the Friday before the course begins.