German for teens
Age group: 14–17 years
Freiburg is located between the Black Forest and the Rhine, with France and Switzerland on the doorstep. It boasts more annual sunshine than any other Germany city. A historic center with beautifully preserved buildings, a lively student scene, plenty of cultural events, and spectacular natural scenery: all of these things lend Freiburg a certain Mediterranean flair.
Accommodation for the course participants is in the modern, well-appointed KL Freiburg guesthouse in the middle of town. Alongside our attractive sports program, we organize outings to cultural events such as open-air concerts and summer theater, among other activities. We‘ll be going on day trips to such points of interest as the Mercedes-Benz Center in Stuttgart, the ZKM Media Center in Karlsruhe and Basel‘s renowned cluster of museums.
* not included in course fee
- German lessons incl. study materials
- 24 teaching units (TUs) per week, (total of 96 TUs)
- Placement test at the start of the course
- Participation certificate
- Optional examination
- Accommodation in rooms with 2 and 3 beds
- Full board
- Round-the-clock supervision
- Sports, cultural, and leisure-time activities
- Three excursions: e.g. Baden-Baden, Titisee, Stuttgart
- Health and accident insurance
- Transfer to/from Basel/Mulhouse Airport
|Course price||€ 3,360 all-inclusive|
A transfer will be offered between Basel/Mulhouse airport (BSL) and Freiburg from 7 am to 6 pm on the official day of arrival and departure (waits may occur).
On the arrival day our staff will meet the teenagers at the exit from the transit area in the arrivals hall of the airport.
They will be carrying a Goethe-Institut sign and also have an official letter as identification. For organizational reasons we regret that we are unable to provide you with the name of this member of our staff earlier than 3 days in advance of the course.
On the day of departure we will accompany the children to the check in desk.
- Please inform us of the arrival and departure time and flight numbers after having booked the flight.
- If you book a flight that arrives or departs Basel/Mulhouse airport before 7 am or after 6 pm, you will be charged a single transfer fee of around 120 €. This transfer will be organized by taxi.
Central train station Freiburg/Breisgau. From there you take a taxi (approx. 10 Euro) .
Motorway A5 Basel-Frankfurt, exit "Freiburg Mitte".
If you are not able to arrive or depart on the scheduled dates, please plan to arrive on the day after the course starts and leave on the day before the end of the course. Our staff cannot guarantee that you will be looked after before or after the course. There is also no catering available in the boarding school during this time.
Please direct all of your questions and messages to the Goethe Institute's head office before the course starts:
Phone: +49 89 15921-800
Address and telephone numbers during the course
Course office Freiburg
Phone and E-mail: will be communicated on Friday before the course starts.
Young learners course blog