Rot an der Rot
German for teens
Age group: 12 to 15
The town of Rot is near Ulm in the rural, romantic region of Upper Swabia, where rolling hills extend from the Swabian Alb to Lake Constance. The nearby historical town of Memmingen has a wide range of cultural events and museums.
The St. Norbert Training Center is housed in the Baroque buildings of a former monastery. On the spacious grounds our young participants have plenty of room for many different leisure time pursuits, including sports and creative activities. Along with soccer, table tennis and volleyball, the leisure program includes exciting hikes and climbing excursions. And to cool off after the outdoor fun, a beautiful natural lake is nearby.
* not included in course fee
- German instruction including teaching materials
- 72 UI, 24 UI per week
- Placement test at the beginning of the course
- Participation certificate
- Opportunity to take an exam
- Accommodation in rooms with 2, 3, or 4 beds
- Full board
- Round-the-clock supervision and care
- Sports, culture and leisure-time program
- 2 excursions, e.g. Munich, Constance
- Health/accident insurance
- Transfer to/from Munich or Munich/Memmingen Airport included
|Date||02.07. – 22.07.2017|
|Course price||€ 2,580 all-inclusive|
A transfer will be offered between Munich airport (MUC) or Memmingen airport (FMM) and Rot an der Rot from 7 am to 6 pm on the official day of arrival and departure (waits may occur).
On the arrival day our staff will meet the teenagers at the exit from the transit area in the arrivals hall of the airport.
They will be carrying a Goethe-Institut sign and also have an official letter as identification. For organizational reasons we regret that we are unable to provide you with the name of this member of our staff earlier than 3 days in advance of the course.
On the day of departure we will accompany the children to the check in desk.
- Please inform us of the arrival and departure time and flight numbers after having booked the flight.
- If you book a flight that arrives or departs Munich airport before 7 am or after 6 pm, you will be charged a single transfer fee of around 240 €. This transfer will be organized by taxi.
Take the train to Tannheim station (between Memmingen and Leutkirch) or to Memmingen station and take a taxi to St. Norbert in Rot an der Rot.
Take the A7 and exit at Berkheim (via Tannheim to Rot an der Rot) or the B 312 Biberach-Memmingen and turn off in Erlenmoos to get to Rot an der Rot, or from Ravensburg via Bad Wurzach in the direction of Ochsenhausen and turn off in Ellwangen to get to Rot.
Should students be unable to arrive or depart on the specified dates, please plan to arrive the following day or to depart one day before the end of the course, respectively. Our staff cannot guarantee transfer, or supervision on days outside the course dates. Also, we cannot provide food in the boarding school outside course dates.
Please direct all of your questions and messages to the Goethe Institute's head office before the course starts:
Phone: +49 89 15921-800
Address and telephone numbers during the course
Jugend- und Bildungshaus St. Norbert
88430 Rot an der Rot
Phone and E-mail: will be communicated on Friday before the course starts.
Young learners course blog