German for teens
Age group: 12 to 15
St. Blasien is a fresh air spa located amid idyllic surroundings in the Southern Black Forest Nature Preserve at the foot of the Feldberg mountain in a landscape dotted with beautiful lakes.
The college in the former St. Blasien monastery is at the center of the small town, near cafés and small shops. It has several buildings grouped campus-style around the imposing cathedral. The excellent amenities include an indoor pool, a large gymnasium and an outdoor athletics facility. Course participants can book lessons at the nearby riding stables. Class excursions go to the university city of Freiburg, Lake Constance or Stuttgart.
* not included in course fee
- German instruction including teaching materials
- 72 UI, 24 UI per week
- Placement test at the beginning of the course
- Participation certificate
- Opportunity to take an exam
- Accommodation in rooms with 1 or 2 beds
- Full board
- Round-the-clock supervision and care
- Sports, culture and leisure-time program
- 2 excursions, e.g. Freiburg, Lake Constance, Stuttgart
- Health/accident insurance
- Transfer to/from Zurich Airport included
|Date||06.08. – 26.08.2017|
|Course price||€ 2,580 all-inclusive|
A transfer will be offered between Zurich airport (ZRH) and St. Blasien from 7 am to 6 pm on the official day of arrival and departure (waits may occur).
On the arrival day our staff will meet the teenagers at the exit from the transit area in the arrivals hall of the airport.
They will be carrying a Goethe-Institut sign and also have an official letter as identification. For organizational reasons we regret that we are unable to provide you with the name of this member of our staff earlier than 3 days in advance of the course.
On the day of departure we will accompany the children to the check in desk.
- Please inform us of the arrival and departure time and flight numbers after having booked the flight.
- If you book a flight that arrives or departs Zurich airport before 7 am or after 6 pm, you will be charged a single transfer fee of around 100 €. This transfer will be organized by taxi.
Alight at train station Seebrugg. Then get by bus to St. Blasien (about 20 minutes) Or: alight at train station Waldshut, from there by bus to St. Blasien (about 56 minutes).
There is no scheduled transport between the station and the boarding school.
Autobahn A 5 Frankfurt – Basel: exit Freiburg / Mitte – Titisee – B 500 – St. Blasien
or: Autobahn A 81 Stuttgart – Singen: exit Donaueschingen – Titisee – B 500 – St. Blasien
If you are not able to arrive or depart on the scheduled dates, please plan to arrive on the day after the course starts and leave on the day before the end of the course. Our staff cannot offer transfers or guarantee that you will be looked after before or after the course. There is also no catering available in the boarding school during this time.
Please direct all of your questions and messages to the Goethe Institute's head office before the course starts:
Phone: +49 89 15921-800
Address and telephone numbers during the course
c/o Kolleg St. Blasien
79837 St. Blasien – Schwarzwald
Phone and E-mail: will be communicated on Friday before the course starts.
Young learners course blog