German for legal professionals
For legal professionals, law students and anyone who would like to acquire a basic knowledge of German legal terminology and the German legal system.
The course includes intensive study of special terminology and common language usage in legal texts. Participants will also attend court proceedings as well as seminars with specialized lawyers.
Topics: Overview of the German legal system. Civil law: labour law, commercial and company law, family law, civil proceedings and methodology. Penal law: core areas of criminal law and criminal proceedings. Public law: state structures, constitutional principles, fundamental rights, European law, administrative law and proceedings, social law and methodology; in addition, units on professional practices of lawyers and judges.
- intensive language instruction from Monday to Friday
- courses at the B2/C1 level
- full use of facilities of the law department of the University of Bonn
- courtroom visits
- discussions with legal experts at the University of Bonn and the University of Cologne and with professionals in various legal fields
- participation certificate
- all course materials
- individual learning in the media resource center
- extensive cultural and leisure program