Our learning concept
goal-oriented, clearly structured, varied
Our learning concept
Tuition at the Goethe-Institut does not just mean learning a language, but also getting to know a culture. We use a face-to-face meeting and a placement test to find out what previous knowledge you have.
Find out more about German tuition at the Goethe-Institut.
- reflects the most recent knowledge in teaching and learning research.
- is varied and communicative. Speaking, listening, reading and writing are practised in situations based on real-life, using authentic texts.
- is oriented to topical and inter-cultural subject matter. Themes based on regional culture, projects and research tasks provide a variety of opportunities to approach the subject of German-speaking culture.
- The teaching language is German right from the first lesson.
Our course system
- is based on the six levels defined in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. This means that the language skills you acquire in our courses can be measured objectively and are internationally comparable.
- is standardised and transparent. Once you have completed a course you can continue to learn flexibly – at a Goethe-Institut in Germany, in another country or online.
Our teaching staff
- have a university degree in German as a foreign language, a modern language, German studies, or a teaching degree.
- have qualifications in methodology and didactics and are experienced in teaching German as a foreign language.
- are native speakers of German or have comparable language skills.
- have experience in working with people from different countries and cultures.
- regularly receive further training from us, so that they are always up-to-date with the latest developments in teaching German as a foreign language.
- inform you of your learning achievements on a regular basis, and advise you as to how you should approach your continued learning most effectively.
Our German examinations
- Our exams are internationally recognized and are accepted as proof of qualification by many employers and educational establishments.
- All exams for adult learners at the Goethe-Institut are audited by the Association of Language Testers in Europe (ALTE) and have been awarded the Q-Mark quality seal.
Benefits of learning with us
- Experience Germany in all its rich diversity. If you register for a German course at a Goethe-Institut in Germany, you will have access to our media resource centres as well as being able to participate in the institute's cultural and leisure-time programme. You will get to know Germany and everyday life at your course location.
- Take advantage of our free Deutsch für dich service, which has a selection of exercises and opportunities for communication. In this community for German learners you have access to a wide selection of interactive learning material and exercises, and you can also chat with other members.