You can enroll for courses online and by e-mail, regular mail or fax. For all forms and details, click here:
Online course bookings
Within three days of enrolling you will receive:
- confirmation of your reservation with the payment deadline
- our bank details
- a description of the course location
- your personal participant number
There are no enrollment deadlines for courses. You can book right up to a short time before the start of a course. Spaces in courses and accommodation are assigned based on availability.
Are you planning to enroll in one of our very well attended courses in the summer months? Or do you need a visa to enter Germany? Then it is advisable to enroll 12 weeks prior to the start of your course (see Entry Regulations for Germany).
Entry requirements for Germany
- If your country is subject to visa requirements, please enroll no later than three months before the start of the course.
- Please enquire with the authorities to find out how long the processing of your visa will take.
- Please note: a Schengen visa, which is valid for a maximum of 90 days, cannot be renewed in Germany.
- For a longer stay you will need a visa for Germany.
For information and forms related to entry regulations, visit:
Please check to ensure that your health insurance is valid in Germany.
EU residents can obtain a European insurance card from their insurer. You can also take out a health insurance policy for travelers through the Goethe-Institut:
You can take out a policy online immediately after enrolling. The cost is €1.40/day at present.
Please note our terms and conditions:
Terms and conditions
For food, leisure-time activities, etc. you will need approx. €20 per day. These items are not included in the course fee.
The first day: arrival and check-in
What happens on the first day depends on the type of course. On your arrival date, the Goethe-Institut staff will be expecting you at the institute.
If you are taking an Intensive 2, Intensive 4 or Intensive 8 course, or a TestDaF/DSH preparation course:
- After your arrival, please go directly to the Goethe-Institut to check in.
- The institute staff will welcome you and give you all the information you need for your course and stay in Germany.
- If you have not already received the information on your accommodation, you will receive the address and directions, and can immediately move into your room.
- We will access your German skills with a written and oral placement test. This ensures that you are placed in the appropriate course right from the start.
- Your course will begin the next day.
As a rule there are no lessons on arrival and departure dates and on statutory holidays.
If you book a course with a Sunday arrival date, please go directly to your accommodation. The staff will carry out the check-in process at the institute the next day, including the placement test. This will then be your first course day.
Arrival before the start of your course
If you have to travel earlier, please contact the staff of the Goethe-Institut at your course location well in advance.
The last day indicated in our course dates is the departure date. No lessons take place on that day.
If you have to depart at a later date, please contact the staff of the Goethe-Institut at your course location well in advance.
Addresses of the Goethe-Instituts in Germany