Ideal if you'd like to ...
- take a German exam designed for young people between the ages of 12 and 16
- demonstrate that you have a basic knowledge of German
- prove that you have successfully reached level A2
- receive an official and internationally recognized certificate
The Goethe-Zertifikat A2: Fit in Deutsch is a German exam for young people between the ages of 12 and 16. It certifies that candidates have acquired basic language skills and corresponds to the second level (A2) on the six-level scale of competence laid down in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
You can sit the exam in Germany, at one of the Goethe-Instituts located around the world or with one of our exam partners situated in your area. Select the country in which you would like to take the exam to find out about the options available to you there. Please contact the exam centre of your choice directly to enquire about available dates and prices.
Passing the exam demonstrates that you can ...
- understand and use sentences and common expressions in everyday situations,
- make yourself understood in simple, routine situations requiring an exchange of information on familiar and common topics,
- describe your background and education, immediate surroundings and other matters associated with your immediate needs, in a simple way.
Accessible and interactive sample papers and practice exercises to help you prepare online are available here.
The requirements, contents of the exam and further information on the Goethe-Zertifikat A2: Fit in Deutsch exam are available here: