in Schwäbisch Hall
The Goethe-Zertifikat C1 is a German exam for adults. It certifies that candidates have acquired advanced language skills and corresponds to the fifth level (C1) of the six-level scale of competence laid down in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
*) course/ exam exempt from VAT pursuant to sec 4, no. 21(a)(bb) of the German Turnover Tax Act (UStG)
**) The cheaper price displayed applies if you have already participated in a German language course at the Goethe Institute in the past six months. The six months refer to the period between when the language course ended and the date of the German language exam. In this case, the price will change automatically during the booking procedure. If not, please contact the course office.
When will I receive my Goethe certificate?
Passing the exam demonstrates that you can ...
- use the German language effectively and flexibly in public, academic and vocational context,
- understand a wide range of complex, longer texts including appreciation of implicit meanings,
- produce well-structured and detailed texts on a range of complex topics,
- express yourself spontaneously and fluently and argue a position convincingly.
Note for exam candidates
Available spaces for external candidates may be booked out several weeks before the registration deadline. External candidates should therefore register early.
Course participants are defined as
- Persons currently taking part in courses at a Goethe-Institut in Germany.
- Former course participants of the Goethe-Instituts in Germany or worldwide who attended a course within the past six months (based on the examination date).