Female Empowerment & Gender
A digital map of gender in Upper Egypt
Strengthening women, children and civil society, promoting them – that's the concern of the organizations in Upper Egypt, whose projects can be found here in gender mapping. There are over a hundred facilities in six cities and their surroundings. The aim and purpose of the map is that actors can profit from each other, use synergies or simply get new impulses.
The numerous institutions qualify women, men and children, and contribute to their gender equality and to the development of gender and diversity awareness within the Egyptian civil society. For anyone who thinks about gender, about the "social gender", anyone who develops an awareness of it, can more easily help to change traditional gender understandings and to make a difference. And those who learn to accept and use the diversity of society can change society positively. Ultimately, it's about equal opportunities for everyone.
And the gender mapping shows it clearly: There are already over one hundred local institutions and international organizations listed which are active in this regard in the Upper Egypt region. Previously, there was always a difficulty: information that would have made it easy and quick to understand gender activities in Upper Egypt was limited.
A map on gender activitiesTherefore, the Goethe-Institut developed a map that represents actors in this field and their activities. Detailed descriptions of the organizations and their projects are on the map.
The projects of the organizations of Upper Egypt are divided into five areas of activity:
- social, legal, political and / or economic empowerment
- health awareness
- arts and culture
- environmental awareness.
- The mapping lists facilities that operate from Upper Egypt, as well as projects that are carried out directly by an on-site organization.
- Organizations are not valued for their impact or effectiveness.
- To be listed, the organizations must have been active over the past 12 months, and gender had to be part of their work.
- The registered organizations were further divided according to whether they operate in urban and / or rural settings.
- The project gives an overview of the organizations that are active in selected cities of Upper Egypt in the field of gender and could be reached during the research. There is no claim to a complete listing of all organizations in the selected area of Upper Egypt.