As part of the Europanetzwerk Deutsch programme, the Foreign Office and the Goethe-Institut are inviting a selected group of people to an exclusive language course in Germany.
The programme is aimed not only at higher-ranking staff of EU institutions but also at senior ministry officials from EU member states and other states:
- who would like to improve their German for the benefit of their career,
- who already possess a medium (Level B1) or strong command (B2/C1) of the German language,
- whose field of responsibility is relevant to EU topics,
- who have work contacts in Germany or in EU institutions.
All participants receive as part of the grant:
- an intensive language course, geared to the needs of the participants
- the organisation of meetings with German civil servants in various ministries as well as specialists in your respective area of work and visiting relevant institutions,
- a supporting programme of cultural activities,
- accommodation with breakfast and one communal meal on all course days,
- health, accident and third-party liability insurance for the duration of the course in extreme cases
Higher-ranking staff of EU institutions and senior ministry officials from EU member states as well as EU candidate countries (Albania, EJR Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia and Turkey).
German language competencies
High level of German (B2 to C1)
Medium level of German (B1: EU 7)
- a test to assess your current proficiency in the German language will be arranged.
The Goethe-Institut and the Foreign Office will select the candidates by mutual agreement.
The results of the selection process will be sent to you roughly six weeks before the course begins.
As part of the programme the Goethe-Institut London also offers the option of a partial scholarship for our running German courses in London.