We are delighted to announce our call for applications for a work-shadowing week in Schwäbisch Hall, Germany, from 24 to 31 October 2020.
A number of companies and organisations in Schwäbisch Hall are happy to host students to introduce them to the world of work and help them understand the practical details of a profession. The students will have the opportunity to be part of a team in a small or medium-sized company and use their language skills while taking part in the company’s daily operations. Participants will go to the work placement in the mornings, where an expert will accompany them on their introduction to a profession. In the afternoons, a cultural programme will help the participants discover the local surroundings and dive into German culture.
Conditions of participation:
- Participants should be 16 or 17 years old with at least GCSE-level German
- To ensure a suitable placement, we would like to have some information about the participant’s level of German. For applications to be considered they need to write a short text in German (see registration form, maximum 150 words in a Word document) answering the following question:Why would a work-shadowing week in a German company be useful to you?
- To apply, it will be necessary to secure permission from legal representatives as well as teachers. The consent form needs to be filled in and submitted along with the registration form
- Only digital entries will be accepted
- The programme can accept a maximum of 20 students. Late applications will not be considered. Shortlisting will be by an internal panel at the Goethe-Institut London and all successful and unsuccessful applicants will be informed by 17 April 2020.
To apply, please send the following forms to:
Applications are now closed. All successful and unsuccessful applicants will be informed by 17 April 2020.
The visit is generously sponsored by the Friends of the Goethe-Institut London, participants are only asked to cover the cost of travelling from their private address to and from Heathrow Airport. Flights, work placement, accommodation and the cultural programme in Germany will be supported by the Friends of the Goethe-Institut.
Once a participant has been accepted for the internship, pupils have 14 days to cancel their place. A cancellation after this 14 day period will result in the participant’s guardians being invoiced for the flight costs for the programme.