On behalf of the European Commission, the Goethe-Institut has assumed management of the programme “Support to Public Service Media in the Western Balkans” with an overall budget value of Є3.3 million for a period of over 39 months starting on 1st September. The programme will be implemented in collaboration with the Deutsche Welle Akademie. The programme will aim towards a realistic reform of public service media in the Western Balkan countries, notably by introducing new collaborative approaches and innovative tools for quality production and audience engagement.
The programme will work with Public Service Media (PSM) entities in Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro, North Macedonia, and Serbia offering the following components:
- tailored in-house consultancies to improve internal governance and organisational performance in response to specific needs and priorities of each PSM;
- capacity-building programmes for PSM media professionals such as innovation labs, hackathons, multimedia workshops, mentoring and masterclasses, training of trainers, conducting focus groups;
- regional cooperation, networking, and visibility opportunities for PSMs to expand partnerships in the region;
- various grant scheme offers for PSM, management, journalists and technical staff focused on enhancing high-quality, audience-relevant and innovative programming, and reporting.
For this programme we are seeking to hire a
Regional events and advocacy Manager – SUPPORT to public service media in the Western balkans
This is a full-time position with a contract duration until 31st August 2026 based in either Skopje (North Macedonia) or Belgrade (Serbia).
The Regional Events and Advocacy Manager is expected to start as soon as possible. The role will require frequent travel to the Western Balkan countries.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
In accordance with the contractual funding agreement, technical proposal, logical framework, budget, timeline and Goethe-Institut’s rules and regulations, the Regional Events and Advocacy Manager will be responsible for the implementation of the regional networking, promotion and advocacy comment of the “Support to Public Service Media in the Western Balkans.
In this capacity, the Regional Events and Advocacy Manager plays a crucial role in establishing regional media networks and strengthening regional exchange mechanisms through a range of activities. The position will work under the supervision of the Team Lead and in close cooperation with the Deutsche Welle Akademie.
The Regional Events and Advocacy Manager is ultimately responsible for planning and executing the Work Package 3: PSM Regional cooperation, networking, promotion, and visibility. As such, s/he will amongst others:
- Coordinate and facilitate good communication, information sharing and communication between all key stakeholders of the programme
- Build and maintain a network and relationships with PSMs in the Western Balkans region, and encourage cooperation between the countries in the region including with media entities in the EU
- Support the Team Leader in development of the stakeholder engagement and dissemination plan; Facilitate the organization and excecution of the steering committee and programme board
- Develop content for internal and external communication
- Responsible for creating synergies in regard to the visibility and advocacy also with other EU-funded projects in the region, when relevant
- Responsible for the development and deployment of a advocacy strategy and coordinate all advocacy and dissemination activities
- Plan and execute all events during the whole period of the program on time and in budget
- Work closely with the Team Leader and Financial Manager to achieve all financial goals of the events and advocacy activities
- Coordinate and facilitate all monitoring & evaluation tasks related to the programme
- Conduct thorough stakeholder analysis to identify key influencers, decision-makers, and potential partners in the region, ensuring strategic engagement and alignment with program objectives
- Propose and implement innovative event concepts that enhance the visibility of the program, attract diverse audiences, and contribute to the overall success of the regional cooperation and networking initiatives
- Demonstrate a high level of cross-cultural sensitivity and adaptability, considering the diverse cultural contexts within the Western Balkan countries, to effectively navigate and build relationships in the region
- Define and track relevant metrics and KPIs to measure the success and impact of regional events, advocacy efforts, and networking activities. Provide regular reports and analysis to stakeholders
- Actively seek opportunities for collaboration with external organizations, NGOs, and institutions that align with the program's goals, fostering a collaborative ecosystem for public service media in the Western Balkans.
- Integrate sustainability initiatives into events and advocacy activities, promoting environmentally conscious practices and aligning with global sustainability goals
- Monitor political and media landscapes in the region, adapting advocacy strategies to navigate evolving contexts and challenges, ensuring the program remains responsive and effective
- Higher education degree relevant to the position
- Full working proficiency in English and ideally in a local language spoken in one of the Western Balkan countries
ROLE SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience
- Proven experience in networks and community building
- Proven experience in high level events managements, ideally in the Western Balkan region
- Excellent communication, negotiations, and presentation skills
- Experience in generating persuasive and impactful content
- Ability to engage and influence a wide variety of stakeholders on complex topics
- Knowledge of coordination of complex stakeholder relationships in politically sensitive contexts
- Financial management skills
- Experience in Monitoring & Evaluation
- Existing networks with key stakeholders in the Western Balkans media sector, including Public Service Broadcasters
- Existing networks with public service media entities in the EU
- Good knowledge of the German language is an asset
- Certified qualification in EU project management is an asset
- Understanding of matrix/remote management in a regional setting
- An attractive remuneration and holiday package (exact amount depending on position location)
- Flexible working hours, possibility to work remotely on occasion
- A dynamic and motivated work environment
The Goethe-Institut is an equal opportunities employer and supports inclusion. Disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria, will be treated with preference. By submitting your application documents, you agree to the storage of your personal data (according to Art. 4 No. 1 GDPR) for the duration of the application process.
Please submit your application (CV and cover letter) in English, highlighting how your skills and experience meet the role profile to Bewerbungenfirstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate your earliest starting date in your application.
Applications are accepted until 24.11.2023
The candidate will need to hold work permit of the respective position location. The Goethe-Institut will not be able to sponsor a work visa to work.