The COVID-19 challenge: 4 IFLA Presidents share their insights on the topic
The Organizing Committee for the Support of Libraries (CSL)
invites you to its first webcast and brings together library and information professionals from Greece and abroad to share their insights on the subject: Innovation, tools and services for libraries: the COVID-19 challenge.
The webcast will take place in two parts. The first part will be held on Friday 9 April at 18:00 Athens time (17:00 CET).
The webcast is organized by the members of the Committee in the frames of its annual activities aiming at the support of library and information professionals in Greece.
The crisis of the COVID-19 pandemic has brought unique challenges of global scale. Library professionals were forced to adapt and explore innovative approaches in order to continue providing quality services to their users, remotely.
The aim of this virtual meeting is to present the innovations, the technologies and initiatives in the library sector
that proved to be efficient during the COVID-19 pandemic. Best practices
will be highlighted, to help other libraries overcome this pandemic time or to meet the post pandemic needs of their users.
On Friday, April 9, 2021
, the webcast program will include five speeches
, and a unique opportunity for attendees to interact with four presidents of IFLA
(International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions) which will be “present” at the same event to share their knowledge.
– Christine Mackenzie, IFLA President 2019 to 2021, from Australia
– Barbara Lison, IFLA President-elect 2019-2021, Director of the Bremen Public Library in Germany
– Gloria Pérez-Salmerón, IFLA President 2017-2019, from Spain
– Donna Wills Scheeder, IFLA President 2015 -2017, from the United States
– Anthi Katsirikou, President of the Association of Greek Librarians and Information Scientists, Head of the Library of Piraeus University.
The webcast will be presented and coordinated by Tonia Arachova, IFLA Treasurer.
The Organizing Committee for the Support of Libraries
was founded in 2003 and is a model of equal representation and cooperation of its constituent bodies: Goethe-Institut Athen ; Instituto Cervantes de Atenas; American Center of the U.S. Embassy in Athens ; Library of the Hellenic Parliament ; National Library of Greece ; Eugenides Foundation ; Music Library of Greece "Lilian Voudouri", Friends of Music Society ; Association of Greek Librarians and Information Scientists (EEBEP); National Documentation Center; “Diavazontas Megalono” ; British School at Athens, Library; Municipal Library of New Philadelphia - New Chalcedona.
– Lectures will be held in English.
– Participation is free
but a separate pre-registration
for each day is required. To register please click here
– Livestreaming and question asking in real time will be possible via YouTube
. No registration needed.
– Certificates of participation will be available on request to firstname.lastname@example.org