Library Assistant (part-time 15 hours/week, local staff) at the Goethe-Institut Hongkong
The Goethe-Institut is the cultural institute of the Federal Republic of Germany with a global reach. We promote knowledge of the German language abroad and foster international cultural co-operation.
The Goethe-Institut Hongkong is looking for a Library Assistant for circulation and technical services in part-time to join our team from 01.08.2022. The position is initially fixed-term for one year.
- Providing circulation services
- Assisting customers and providing reference
- Shelving of library materials
- Book processing, Media displays and other promotional activities
- Administrative tasks as assigned
- Proficient levels in both spoken and written Cantonese and English
- Knowledge of German (A2 level)
- Flexibility and ability to work in a small team
- Working according to the library’s counter service hours (Weekdays 17:30 – 20:30, Saturday 12:45 – 18:00)
- Basic computer skills
- Willingness to learn Library Management Software Koha
- Enjoy working in a knowledge environment and providing excellent customer service
- Friendly and good communicator, punctual and with attention to details
What we offer:
15 hours/week, 4 working days (including Saturday) per week, one year contract with option for renewal.
Commencement date: 01.08.2022
Deadline of application: 30.06.2022
Interested candidates should submit an email application with subject line “Job Application Library Assistant” and attach a letter of motivation and a full resume to their email to:
Ms. Luka Wong
Head of Library and Information Service