German language courses
The Goethe-Institut is the cultural institute of the Federal Republic of Germany with a global reach.
We promote knowledge of the German language abroad and foster international cultural cooperation. We convey a comprehensive image of Germany by providing information about cultural, social and political life in our nation. Our cultural and educational programs encourage intercultural dialogue and enable cultural involvement. They strengthen the development of structures in civil society and foster worldwide mobility.
Due to the currant situation in the summer term (22 June - 18 September) we will offer only online courses.
In the summer term (22 June–18 September 2020) we will offer only online courses.
You can register and take the placement test at home! From now on.
From 22 June 2020 we will offer only online courses.
More about dates and prises
As for the other levels (A1, A2, B1, C1), we will offer new online courses for groups.
DEUTSCH ONLINE is the new online course format of the Goethe Institute and it enables you to learn German whenever it is convenient for you, even at your home. Still, you are not alone because you study in a small group of eight to fifteen participants. Furthermore, there will be eight online sessions in which you will have the opportunity to talk to your teacher and fellow participants. This way you can develop your speaking skills and practice conversation.
For these new courses, we have transformed our entire interactive learning platform and these courses are optimized for smartphones and tablets. Check out this fascinating new course format here: Try it now!
The same applies to our exam preparation courses: Besides online exercises and tasks, you will have live online sessions with our teachers who help you prepare for your intermediate (B2) or advanced (C1) exam.
You can find informatioon about the special online-courses below.
As previously arranged, we will continue our courses for children and young people in the spring term.
We hope very much that you will find a suitable German course in our current offer and you will decide to join us at the Goethe Institute even under the current extraordinary circumstances. We are sorry that we cannot offer regular on-site courses currently. The health of our course participants and staff members has the highest priority for us.
All online courses will consist of several phases as follows:
- You solve exercises and tasks or work on a text on your own at home - your teacher will offer you guidance and help.
- You complete a written assignment and your teacher gives you feedback.
- You meet your teacher and fellow participants in several live-online phases in which you can communicate with each other in a virtual classroom or via a live-chat/ video app.
If you have any questions, please send us an e-mail! For any further information please follow our website and social media channels.
More about dates and prises
- You send us an e-mail to email@example.com and ask us for an online placement test.
- You receive an e-mail with a link for the test and a code.
- You solve the test and write a text about the topic which is provided in our e-mail.
- Your answers will be automatically forwarded and you only have to send us your text in an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We get in touch with you by e-mail or phone and offer you a course based on your test results.
- You send us your data and we register you for our language course.
- Course fees shall be transferred within 24 hours after you received the e-mail about the registration.