Call for Applications
Goethe-Institut Postdoctoral Fellowship at Haus der Kunst
Haus der Kunst
Goethe Institut and Haus der Kunst have established a post-doctoral fellowship program: the Goethe-Institut POST-DOCTORAL Fellowship at Haus der Kunst.
The program was inaugurated in August 2013 and awards each fellowship for one academic year.
Haus der Kunst is a non-collecting public museum and a key global center for contemporary art located in Munich, Germany. It is dedicated to the exploration of the diverse histories of contemporary art based on a foundation of focused exhibitions, research, and education. The museum's aim is to further establish research as an integral cornerstone of its vision, and to develop a context for scholarship that allows for the interplay of art, culture, politics, and society in the way modern and contemporary art are understood on a global level. The "Goethe-Institut Fellowship" is an important building block towards this aim.
Supported by the Goethe-Institut, the Goethe-Institut Post-Doctoral Fellowship at Haus der Kunst is designed for international emerging scholars whose research focuses on global perspectives on modern and contemporary art in the second half of the 20th century and the 21st century.
The fellowship shall concentrate on the research for a comprehensive exhibition project on the global art historical developments of the Post-colonial era covering the period 1955-1980.The project is the second of a trilogy whose first on Postwar has opened this October. The third chapter will be devoted to the period of Post-communism. One of the main tasks is the research and organization of a series of seminars and colloquia in preparation for the project.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Completed doctorate degree in art history, museum studies or related fields.
- Excellent knowledge of modern and contemporary art, with a global perspective and understanding on the art histories of 1945 onwards.
- Demonstrated accomplishments in the field of research, education and/or exhibition practice at a research institute, university or art college.
- Fluent written and spoken English is essential, a second non-native language desirable.
- An overall remuneration package of 25.000 Euro for the entire year. This includes any health care and tax payments.
- Accommodation is the responsibility of the successful candidate.
- Haus der Kunst will support the fellow in organizing administrational paperwork such as limited residency, work permit, etc.
- Fellow will be provided with work area and full access to the infrastructure of Haus der Kunst and facilities in Munich.
For more information on Haus der Kunst please visit: www.hausderkunst.de
The Goethe-Institut Fellowship at Haus der Kunst is financed by the Goethe-Institut e.V.
Haus der Kunst