Photo competition: RethinkingOnly for Indian participants
Water, fire, earth and air: There is no life without them. People are aware of this and had put the elements to use. That’s how progress was made. But now we have reached a breaking- point. The balance of nature has been destroyed around the world. The climate has changed globally. Many places are facing huge environmental problems. We are living in an age of Re-thinking. Either we keep destroying our environment further or we find solutions to stop climate change and preserve our environment.
With these intentions and through this competition, we would like to motivate above all the young generation to think about sustainability and protection of the nature.
TaskThe participants will submit a photo capturing the theme- Re-thinking covering environment protection or climate change. The photo should illustrate problematic situations or a promising project from the hometown of the participant and represent the participant’s perception of nature. For example- a plant, an animal or an environmental problem.
The following themes can help you with the competition:
- The biggest environmental problem in my hometown
- Positive examples of environment protection in my hometown
- Effects of climate change in my hometown
The photo must be of high resolution It should be minimum 800 pixels wide as well as 800 pixels in height.
Along with the Photo the participant is also expected to a write a small text (around 120-150 words) about the photo in German Language
The text should cover answers to the following questions
- Why did I choose this photo?
- What does this photo mean to me?
- How is this photo relevant to the theme Rethinking?
- How will the photo change the perspective of the person looking at it?
Terms and conditions
- Only children between the age of 14-18 years who learn German in school can participate in the competition.
- Participants are not allowed to use any photos from the internet. They must have taken the photograph themselves.
- The photo has not been published on any other platform or medium earlier.
- If there are any persons depicted in a photograph, participants must have consent from every person in the photo that it can be published online.
- Participants agree that the photo can be published with their name on the website and social media channels of the Goethe-Institut.
EvaluationThe Jury will base their decisions on the originality and creativity of your photo as well as the comprehensibility and clarity of the text.
Last date of submission: You can only submit photos until 30 days after the exhibition ended at your
- 1. Prize: Participation in a regional youthcamp
- 2. Prize: Participation in a local youthcamp
- 3. Prize: book prize worth 500 INR
- 4. Prize: Easy to read book