Fellowship Programme 2021
We are delighted to continue our collaboration with BeFantastic, as we announce the 2021 fellowship programme TOGETHER. From the geographies of Germany, Singapore, Switzerland, South Asia, and the U.S.A, we call for collaborative practitioners in art, design, and technology to explore Artificial Intelligence (AI) & Machine Learning (ML), data & networks around the theme of the climate crisis. Connect with a diverse cohort of global practitioners and seize the opportunity to collaborate on a new format of exhibitable artworks using technology and art (techart).
- Are you an artist, designer, or maker interested in including Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning technologies into your practice?
- Do you have a technology background and do you want to understand creative thought processes?
- Are you a climate champion, expert, or community member who wants to help creative practitioners shape a new project?
- Are you a TechArtist or creative technologist, searching for new ways to apply your skills?
- Do you have an experimental mindset, and a strong desire to collaborate with others across borders of discipline and geographies?
- Do you have at least three years of experience in your field?
BeFantastic CoLab is the online space for a network of selected international peers to engage in collaborative learning and making in response to the curatorial provocation on climate emergency.
Primer Workshop plus Masters Module between August and September 2021.
BeFantastic Dialog compliments the CoLab with a series of public dialogues by international experts to debate and discuss the nascent field of AI and art, with the aspiring practitioners and general audiences.
Six Dialog sessions between June and December 2021.
BeFantastic Showcase is a culmination of the program that includes an online showcasing of the artworks developed by the Fellows through the mentored CoLab sessions. To engage global audiences in new and experimental formats of TechArt, the Showcase event is open to all participants, all applicants and the wider public.
November 18, 2021.
Apply to be part of the BF CoLab Primer Sessions by July 5, 2021, 23:59 GMT.
Supported by the Goethe-Institut / Max Mueller Bhavan Bangalore, U.S. Embassy in Singapore, the Swiss Arts Council Pro Helvetia (New Delhi) and in partnership with ThoughtWorks Arts, (USA), Supernormal (Singapore), In The Wild (Singapore) and Dara.network (USA).
For more details and to apply: befantastic.in/together
See more from the 2020 edition of BeFantastic here.