Application and selection process
BANGALORESIDENCY-EXPANDEDApplications are invited for one residency spot in 2021 at our newest partner C. Rockefeller Center in Dresden.
Duration: September 15 to Octber 31, 2021 (pandemic permitting; exact dates tbc).
Deadline for applications: April 15, 2021. Final selection: May 15, 2021.
Please scroll down for application procedure.
The bangaloREsidency-Expanded facilitates residencies in Germany for Indian artists living and working in Karnataka and Kerala. Selected artists would typically spend 4 - 6 weeks at one or other of our partner organisations in Germany. Emerging Indian artists stand to profit immensely from exposure to other cultures/artistic arenas. The aim of this initiative is, therefore, to establish long-term artistic exchange in a sustainable format that intensifies creative exchange through a novel practice of collaboration, wherein Indian artists get to live and work in Germany, gain access to the art practice of the other culture and thereby enrich their own creativity.
The bangaloREsidency-Expanded was conceptualised as a natural progression of our flagship bangaloREsidency programme that brings artists from Germany to India, to work and exchange with our local Indian cultural partners or hosts. During extended feedback sessions and discussions with hosts, partners and bangaloREsidents, the need to encourage and support artistic traffic in the opposite direction was felt, also in order to further intensify the reach of the residency project.
Application ProcessPlease send only soft copy in English
- Information on previous artistic projects
- Personal statement with reasons for applying for the bangaloREsidency-Expanded, and outline of proposed artistic project and objectives in single A4 sheet. Reason for choosing Dresden to work on an artistic project (for those applying for the bangaloREsidency-Expanded@C. Rockefeller Center only)
- Only ONE bangaloREsidency-Expanded partner organisation in Germany (host) is to be selected
- Large files should be uploaded onto a file-sharing service.
- Only complete applications, conforming to the requirements specified will be considered.
- Applications should be mailed to: email@example.com with the subject line: bangaloREsidency-Expanded 20?? @ (Host name)
An expert jury will shortlist the finalists and the final selection will be made in consultation with the German partner organisation.
DURATIONGenerally between 4 and 8 weeks. See selected host for details.
The artist is required to reside in the host city for the duration of the residency. Brief excursions may be made during the residency if necessary, longer travel must be planned (on private basis) before or after the residency timeframe.