Application and selection process
BANGALORESIDENCY-EXPANDEDApplications for 2020 are closed. Dates for 2021 tba.
The bangaloREsidency-Expanded facilitates residencies in Germany for Indian artists living and working in Karnataka and Kerala. Selected artists would typically spend 4 - 6 weeks at one or other of our partner organisations in Germany. Emerging Indian artists stand to profit immensely from exposure to other cultures/artistic arenas. The aim of this initiative is, therefore, to establish long-term artistic exchange in a sustainable format that intensifies creative exchange through a novel practice of collaboration, wherein Indian artists get to live and work in Germany, gain access to the art practice of the other culture and thereby enrich their own creativity.
The bangaloREsidency-Expanded was conceptualised as a natural progression of our flagship bangaloREsidency programme that brings artists from Germany to India, to work and exchange with our local Indian cultural partners or hosts. During extended feedback sessions and discussions with hosts, partners and bangaloREsidents, the need to encourage and support artistic traffic in the opposite direction was felt, also in order to further intensify the reach of the residency project.
Application ProcessPlease send only soft copy in English
- Information on previous artistic projects
- Personal statement with reasons for applying for the bangaloREsidency-Expanded, and outline of proposed artistic project and objectives in single A4 sheet
- Skype contact
- Only ONE bangaloREsidency-Expanded partner organisation in Germany (host) is to be selected
- Large files should be uploaded onto a file-sharing service.
- Only complete applications, conforming to the requirements specified will be considered.
- Applications should be mailed to: email@example.com with the subject line: bangaloREsidency-Expanded 20?? @ (Host name)
An expert jury comprising the bangaloREsidency hosts in India will shortlist the finalists and the final selection will be made in consultation with the German partner organisation.