in cooperation with Chennai City Connect
CALL FOR APPLICATION
Goethe-Institut / Max Mueller Bhavan Chennai
& Chennai City Connect
with other partners are organizing
CONQUER THE CONCRETE – 1st Chennai Street Art Festival from 20th January to 7th February 2015
with the participation of 8 outstanding street artists from Germany, USA and India.
We invite artists, students of fine arts, graphic designers, art- colleges, academies, galleries to participate in this project which aims at:
- bringing more art and colour to the Chennai urban landscape;
- encouraging artists and creative people to participate in the urban development of Chennai;
- converting parts of Chennai into attractive public spaces open for everyone;
- initiating collaboration between Indian and German urban artists.
Your application should consist of a covering letter with your concrete project plan of Street Art. The location for the project should be in a public space with good visibility. Kindly enclose the following documents along with your application:
Send your application before 18th December 2014
- a short CV of maximum one page;
- photo and address of your selected working space: wall, building façade, foot over bridge, compound wall etc.
- written permission from the owners or authorities of your selected working space;
- one sample photo of your artistic work, that you are planning e.g. computer simulation, murals or big canvases created before.
or by post to: The Director, Goethe-Institut Chennai / Max Mueller Bhavan, 4 Rutland Gate 5th Street, Chennai 600 006. Kindly mention on the cover Call for Application – Street Art Chennai 2015.
A jury of experts will select the best 10 work proposals. For the execution of the selected works Goethe-Institut Chennai / Max Mueller Bhavan and its partners will provide the necessary logistics and working materials like scaffolding, machinery, spray cans, acrylic paints, brushes etc. The selected candidates are welcome to a workshop given by invited artists from Germany and India.