Job Opening: Programme
As a representative of Goethe-Institut / Max Mueller Bhavan Mumbai, your primary responsibility would be the co-ordination and successful implementation of the programmes involving the Cultural department. This would include but not be limited to dealing with artists, partners, designers, technicians, administrators etc.
- Working with already existing partners of the institute, as well as actively seeking new partners to increase the reach of the institute
- Providing technical, logistical and networking support to visiting artists and guests of the institute
- Overseeing execution of contracts with partners and artists
- Liaison with different institutions in the field of culture
- Actively working on the publicity of different programmes, this would include liaison with the press and media, social media and networking with partners
- Working on the administrative tasks related to programmes of the Cultural Department
- University degree or equivalent education
- Willingness to take on responsibility, excellent communication and networking skills
- 2 to 4 years’ experience working in cultural project management and administrative work
- Knowledge of the current developments in the field of culture in Mumbai and India
- Good knowledge of English (spoken and written), basic knowledge of Hindi or Marathi
- Knowledge of German is an asset, but not mandatory
- Well versed with MS office, basic knowledge of design applications is an asset
- Good organizational skills
- Willingness to take initiative and work in a team environment
- Willingness to work irregular hours (some weekends and evenings)
The position is a full time post.
Starting date: 1st September, 2017 or according to mutual agreement.
Remuneration: In accordance with the our salary scheme and experience
Email your application and two professional references to Ms. Jutta Beyer Jutta.Beyer@goethe.de
no later than 1st August, 2017.
Interviews will be conducted in the second week of August.