Lectures in a Design Academy Iraq within the framework of the Project “Khan al Fan”
LECTURERS “CRITICAL DESIGN THEORY” IN A DESIGN ACADEMY IRAQ WITHIN THE FRAMEWORK OF THE PROJECT “KHAN AL FAN”
With the project KHAN AL FAN, the Goethe-Institut Irak promotes the emerging market of cultural creative industries (CCIs), the entrepreneurial and political awareness of the sector and the creation of employment prospects in Iraq. Within the framework of this project, we are looking for an external lecturer in the “Critical Design Theory” in order to teach and supervise students at a Design Academy prospectively from 04.09.2022 until 01.12.2022.
The lecturer will hold an eight-week online course and a three-week in-person course at the University of Sulaymaniyah, including a total of approximately 25 hours in their respective field.
Travel and accommodation costs will be covered by the Goethe-Institut Irak.
- Many years of proven professional experience in the fields of design with a focus on critical design theory
- Professional experience in teaching and/or conducting workshops in the field of design (online and in-person)
- A relevant academic degree is preferable
- Excellent intercultural skills
- Very good knowledge of the English language (spoken and written), knowledge of Arabic and/or Kurdish is an advantage
- Contributing to the conception and preparation of the Design Academy’s overall curriculum for the Design Academy
- Conceptualizing and preparing the curriculum of the respective courses
- Preparing the contents of the lectures based on a didactic concept, including theoretical and practical session
- Participating in preparatory meetings with the Goethe-Institut team as well as the other lecturers
- Presenting the curriculum to the project team as well as the other lecturers for feedback and in order to relate it to the overall concept of the Summer Academy
- Closely communicating with the project team in preparation of the Design Academy
- Contributing to defining the tasks for the students’ project phase
- Contributing to developing evaluation criteria for students’ performance
- Defining the necessary logistic and technical needs for the respective course
- Implementing the prepared curriculum and training the students of the Summer Academy (in person and online)
- Overseeing and monitoring the students’ progress as well as being available for class-related questions
- Overseeing and advising the students during the project phase
- Grading and evaluating students’ performance
Framework of the procurement
All offers are evaluated according to the criteria price (30%), demonstrable expertise in the respective field (40%) and didactic competencies (30%).
The application needs to include the following content:
- Portfolio (only if available)
- Proposal including the price for the service and demonstrating your suitability with regard to the above criteria
- A brief description of describe your teaching philosophy and your didactic approach on how to fulfil the above responsibilities
Deadline of application 15.08.2022