The Support Program is aimed at people producing cultural and creative works, who have already completed at least two projects in the art and cultural sector. The focus thereby is particularly upon the younger generation (18 to 35 years old). Cultural organisations may also apply for support. The assistance is available exclusively to Iraqi citizens and people with an Iraqi residence permit (Iqama).
This call is open exclusively for Iraqi citizens and people with an Iraqi residence permit (Iqama).
Art and cultural projects are supported. The sponsorship (minimum € 2,000 (approx. 2,300 USD), maximum € 10,000 (approx. 11,700 USD)) may cover the entire cost or comprise part of a greater sum. The total budget of the submitted project may not exceed 80.000 EUR (approx. 91.000 USD).
Projects from the following categories are sponsored:
- Visual Arts (e.g. graphic novels, paintings etc.)
- Performing Arts (e.g. theatre, dance etc.)
- Literature/Writing (e.g. lyric poetry, drama, prose etc.)
- Music (e.g. composition, concept music etc.)
- Cinema and video (e.g. long films, short films, experimental films, video installations etc.)
- Online/Digital (e.g. gaming, cultural programming etc.)
- Other (e.g. experimental, interdisciplinary formats etc.)
Sponsored projects must be completed until the end of the October 2019.
You will be contacted by the Goethe-Institut to draw up a grant award contract. As the grant comes from public funds of the German federal budget, it will be governed primarily by the provisions of the German Federal Budget Code.