Asian Composers Showcase 2019
The Asian Composers Showcase was launched in 2013 by the Goethe-Institut together with the Tongyeong International Music Festival (TIMF), to promote the composition of New Music in North East Asia. For six years now, a total of twenty-five compositions by promising young composers have been premiered at TIMF.
Goethe-Institut Korea currently invites composers from the region to take part in a call for scores for the Asian Composers Showcase 2019. From the entries, an international panel of judges will select four participants whose pieces will be performed at the Tongyeong intl. Music Festival in April 2019. On the basis of the performances, one of the composers will be given the Goethe Award, endowed with 2,000 EUR, and receive a composition commission for the following year’s festival, amounting to an additional 5,000 EUR.
- Composers born in/after 1980 and citizens/residents of one of the following countries: Korea, Japan, China, Hong Kong, Macao, Taiwan, Mongolia.
- Length of the work: maximum of 15 minutes
- The work must be an original work created after 2016; hence no arrangements or the like.
- Instrumentation: available are the following instruments/players:
Flute, Oboe, Clarinet
Percussion (1 player)
- Application via the online form available at www.timf.org
- Score in PDF format and if possible a recording of the piece (Only one submission per person is permitted)
- In the case of citizenship of states other than those previously listed, proof of place of residence in one of the previously listed countries
- Submission deadline: 11 November 2018
- Announcement of the four participants: by 21 December 2018
- Performance: 6 April 2019 at the Asian Composers Showcase (at Tongyeong International Music Festival 2019, Tongyeong, Korea)