The Goethe-Zertifikat B1 is a German exam for young people and adults. It certifies that candidates are independent users of the German language and corresponds to the third level (B1) on the six-level scale of competence laid down in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
Passing the exam demonstrates that you can ...
- understand the main points of information in conversations and texts on familiar matters relating to work, school and leisure time, etc. when clear, standard language is used,
- deal with most situations typically encountered when travelling in German-speaking countries,
- express yourself simply and coherently when talking about familiar topics and areas of personal interest,
- report on experiences and events, describe dreams, hopes and ambitions as well as make short statements and explanations.
*) The cheaper price displayed applies if you have already participated in a German language course at the Goethe Institute in the past six months. The six months refer to the period between when the language course ended and the date of the German language exam. In this case, the price will change automatically during the booking procedure. If not, please contact the course office.
- Requests to issue a complete certificate covering all four modules will only be accepted online for a fee of 25,000 KRW. It is only possible to issue the complete certificate on one page per person.
- All modules that were passed within one year can be listed on the full certificate.
- There is no difference between the Goethe-Zertifikat B1 for young people and the Goethe-Zertifikat B1 for adults with regard to the degree of difficulty; only the topics vary. The recommended age for the exams for young people is 12 to 16 years old.
- The certificates issued for the young people and adult versions are identical.