CULTURAL PROGRAM COORDINATOR (M/F/D)
at Goethe-Institut Myanmar
Volume of employment:
50% (October to December 2023) and 100% from January 2024 onwards
We especially welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds and underrepresented groups to apply.
The Goethe-Institut Myanmar is looking for a “Cultural Program Coordinator”
starting in October 2023
. The position is particularly suitable for professionals of relevant creative fields and with a strong interest in cultural project coordination and management / arts administration for an international cultural institution with at least three years of professional experience in the field.
The Goethe-Institut is the Federal Republic of Germany’s cultural institute, active worldwide. It promotes learning German as a foreign language, studies in Germany and encourages international cultural exchange. Additionally, the Goethe-Institut conveys a comprehensive contemporary image of Germany by providing information about the country’s cultural, social, and political life in close cooperation with local partners. The Goethe-Institut Myanmar offers an attractive range of tasks, an interesting and varied working environment, continuous training, and appropriate working conditions and wages.
As a cultural program coordinator at our institute, your responsibilities will include:
- University degree or equivalent training.
- Currently based in Yangon.
- Extensive interest and experience of cultural work in Myanmar and with a strong
- network of the local creative scene and diverse cultural communities as well as civil society.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years relevant experience in program coordination, arts
- administration and / or cultural resource management or related professional experience in the field of arts and culture.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Myanmar (German language skills are a plus)
- Financial budget controlling and excellent organizational skills
- Experience in narrative report writing.
- High resilience, self-motivated, a good team player with interest in working in an intercultural work context.
- Strong ability to integrate in institutional work environment.
- Very good communication skills.
- Ability to learn new database systems as well as interest in new technical abilities and hybrid / digital formats and methods.
- Ability to build and maintain effective networks across all art disciplines.
- Excellent ability to communicate with partners and connect to people from different cultural fields in Myanmar, in the region, Germany and internationally.
- Very good proficiency in Microsoft office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access) to manage, present and track program information.
- Organize and coordinate relevant events and programs of the project.
- Flexibility in working hours, e.g., on weekends and evenings depending on program.
- Willing to travel within Myanmar and to Germany.
Important information regarding the application procedure:
- Managing the administrative and operational needs of the project, including budgeting.
- planning and reporting.
- Develop action plan of projects, programs and ensure all activities are implemented and organized according to schedule.
- Active point of contact for all interlocutors involved.
- Aid in identifying and creating, maintaining, and expanding a network of artists/cultural agents and develop strong communication with those and provide regular updates internally.
- Cooperate with other departments to accomplish the given tasks.
- Participate in new employee orientation sessions and necessary trainings.
- Prepare alternative ways to work in a fast-paced environment and deliver results to
- meet timelines.
- Preserve the privacy of each segment of project and organization data and information.
- Planning, preparation, implementation, follow-up evaluation, reporting and financial management of cultural events, projects, and general program work of the Goethe-Institut Myanmar
- Any administrative work / processing that exists in connection with the cultural program department, e.g., updating of the project planning software.
- Assisting the institute's management, especially in cultural work
- Contract preparation
- Writing funding applications, texts such as project summaries
- Research and conceptual work
- Artist and guest service as well as their travel coordination
- Maintaining contacts of the existing partner network as well as network expansion in the German and Myanmar cultural scene but also regionally and internationally
- Internal and external communication (e.g., liaising with the auditorium team) and correspondence.
- Working on interdepartmental projects
- Supporting press and public relations work, in close accord with the institute’s communication team
- Supporting recruitment processes and job advertisements for the culture department
- Active support in annual planning procedures, conception of the program, project development and strategic implementation of these
- General coordination of office activities and procedures such as planning meetings and writing minutes, etc.
- Department’s calendar management, maintenance, monitoring, and coordination of it
- Maintenance of the contact lists
- Willingness to travel within Myanmar, and to Germany
- Further activities by arrangement
- Please send your application including at least one to two references (recommendation letters), a CV and a motivation letter to info.kultur.MMR@goethe.de.
- The application deadline is Wednesday, 20th September 2023. Please note that incomplete applications or applications received after this deadline cannot be considered and only those shortlisted will be contacted.
We look forward to receiving your application!