START DATE 01/10/2023 (or earlier)
DIGITAL COMMUNICATIONS ASSISTANT (M/F/D)
Goethe-Institut Myanmar in Yangon
(full-time and a trainee type of role at junior level)
Goethe-Institut e.V. is the worldwide cultural institute of the Federal Republic of Germany. We promote studying the German language abroad and actively foster international cultural cooperation. Further, our mission is to convey a comprehensive image of Germany through information about its cultural, social, and political life.
Goethe-Institut Myanmar is looking for a dedicated young colleague as a “Digital Communications Assistant” (fixed-term of one year with option to extend) to begin in September or beginning of October 2023.
The position is particularly suitable for fresh graduates of relevant fields or young professionals wanting to gather experience in digital communications work, graphic design, audio-visual content creation as well as digital marketing for an international cultural institution.
Your tasks include primarily:
- Creation of content for social media and marketing campaigns (including video content) and events, projects, and programs of the institute
- Cooperate with the other departments for creating content, collecting ideas, topics, and suggestions from colleagues for content according to their needs regularly.
- Design and processing of digital assets
- Writing captions and other texts, such as social media posts and press releases
- Social media monitoring and social media listening (replying to messages and comments)
- Documenting events, programs, and projects and archiving of the audio-visual material
- Collaboration in interdisciplinary public relations work of the institute (including press, web portal, newsletter, print products, and events)
- Assisting the Communications Coordinator in all areas related to Digital Communications
- Other tasks according to demand and necessity
You have the following prerequisites:
- You are a social media nerd, and creating great content (visual, video, and text) is your passion.
- You are comfortable behind as well as in front of the camera, and producing video content is one of your strengths.
- You have advanced knowledge of the relevant photo and video editing tools.
- Excellent command of Myanmar and English (knowledge of German is an asset)
- Ability to work individually as well as in a team.
- You are willing to innovate; you are creative, flexible, and resilient.
- You are okay to sometimes work during evenings and weekends.
- Please submit your application digitally with the appropriate documents (letter of motivation, CV, min. two references, certificates, and especially work samples such as a portfolio that give us an idea of your style and creativity) in one single PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The application deadline for this job opening is September 10, 2023. Please note that applications received after the submission deadline or incomplete applications cannot be considered.