Art Writing and Criticism Workshop
Workshop description:The hybrid workshop will consist of both online and in-person workshop sessions, which will be held in Lagos, Nigeria. It is organised to offer young writers training in critical thinking and writing, copyediting, and style guides to grow their careers. Selected participants will learn from established writers, editors, artists and curators. The workshops will include other events such as guest talks by artists and art writers, field trips to local galleries and the Art X Lagos international art fair.
Eligibility:The participants should:
- Have at least 2 to 3 years journalistic/writing experience in the cultural field
- Be interested in contemporary art, critical writing, creative arts writing, and/or curation.
- Be fluent in spoken and written English
Target Audience:We are interested in 20 early and emerging young art writers and editors, who cover culture journalism.
- Submit a writing sample between 500 and 1000 words in MS Word document to email@example.com with the subject: Art Writing Application
- Include a professional CV and a 200-word letter of motivation describing your area of interest and why you want to participate in this workshop.
- Successful applicants will be informed by 5 August 2022
- Submit entries to email: firstname.lastname@example.org