Support of the Local Cultural Scene
Support and Connect – Nigerian Art and Culture Projects 2022
The Goethe-Institut Nigeria supports Nigerian artists and cultural experts in implementing their projects.
For the past years, the Goethe-Institut Nigeria has supported a wide range of projects created and implemented by Nigerian artists and initiatives in various art forms: Music, contemporary dance, photography, films (documentary), theatre, visual arts and many more. Goethe-Institut also supports artists, who are invited to festivals in Germany or on the African continent but do not have enough funding to join.
We regard this support as a very crucial and important one in order to give young and upcoming people in the cultural landscape of Nigeria a chance to be heard and seen.
The call is open for all artistic and cultural initiatives in the country. This year, the Support and Connect Initiative is taking entries from these three categories of projects:
- Larger scale projects (with maximum budget of 5.000 Euros)
- Regular entries for first time projects (with maximum budget of 2.000 Euros)
- Entries for project’s sustainability i.e. recurring projects that already had funding from the Goethe-Institut (with maximum budget of 2.000 Euros)
- individuals, who already received an official invitation to a cultural festival
- artists and cultural initiatives (no individuals) that work professionally (with at least 3 years of experience), who want to organize a cultural project in Nigeria
- the project idea has to be already developed and has reached a certain level of preparation
- the project has to be implemented during the year 2022 and latest be completed by December 10, 2022
- only completely and correctly filled out application forms will be considered
- the initiative has to be registered and has a bank account
- Application deadline: 15. February 2022
- An independent jury will select the projects until the end of February
- Project implementation: 15. March – 10.December 2022
- Submission of a project report: by end of January 2023
- Application Form including budget plan:
- CV of the project leader
- Further references and material
- Passport copy
Please send your documents as PDF to Oludamilare Kolawole: