Working holiday Program
Are you aged between 18 and 30? Live and work in Germany for up to a year on a Working Holiday Visa. Working Holiday Visas are valid for one year, and if you land your dream job within that time you can apply for a different kind of visa and stay longer. Search for work at the Agentur für Arbeit (employment agency), either in the town or city you want to stay in or online.
Stephen meets the Weihnachtsmann | © Stephen Cobeldick Visiting the Mercedes-Benz Museum in Stuttgart | © Stephen Cobeldick
- your NZ passport, valid for at least three months after your Working Holiday Visa ends, and a copy of your passport
- a completed and signed application form
- a bank statement showing you have enough funds to support you for the first three months of your stay (minimum €250 per month)
- evidence of health insurance cover during your stay
- either a return flight or a one-way ticket plus evidence of enough funds to buy a flight back to NZ
- a visa application fee of NZ$130. You can pay by cash, cheque or credit card (no EFTPOS)
- a self-addressed courier envelope if you want your visa delivered to you
Visa applications made at the German Embassy in Wellington must be made a maximum of three months before you intend to travel.