Ideal if you'd like to ...
- demonstrate that you have a basic knowledge of German
- prove that you have successfully reached level A2
- be issued with an official and internationally recognized certificate
The Goethe-Zertifikat A2 is a German exam for adults. It requires elementary language skills and corresponds to the second level (A2) on the six-level scale of competence laid down in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
Passing the exam demonstrates that you can ...
- understand and use sentences and common expressions in everyday situations,
- make yourself understood in simple, routine situations demanding an exchange of information on familiar and common topics,
- describe your background and education, immediate surroundings and other matters associated with your immediate needs in a simple way.
Accessible and interactive sample papers and practice exercises to help you prepare online are available here.
Requirements, exam contents and further information on the Goethe-Zertifikat A2 exam are available here: