German Course: Apropos
Learn German! Meet the artists and other creative minds behind documenta 14! And win a German course at the Goethe-Institut Hamburg in September 2017, including a visit to Kassel that will allow you to experience first hand the world’s most important international exhibition of contemporary art!
From May 22nd 2017, the Goethe-Institut Rio de Janeiro will start offering a special online language course. The course is designed for artists and people with an interest in art from around to world. The participants will have the opportunity to acquire basic skills in German while engaging with the content of the world’s most important international exhibition of contemporary art, documenta, which takes place every five years, this time simultaneously in Athens, Greece (from April 8th to July 16th) and in Kassel, Germany (from June 10th to September 17th).
apropos documenta 14 – an online German course for people interested in art is a beginner course at A1.1 level (Language competence level in accordance with the Common European Framework of Reference of Languages – CEFR). It consists of 42 units that the course participants complete in their own time over an 8-week period. A qualified online instructor will accompany the learning process (in English). Three online sessions featuring special guests (curators, artists, other experts) are embedded in the course. These will be moderated by Robin Mallick, the director of the Goethe-Institut Rio de Janeiro. In this way, the participants of this special online course will simultaneously get to explore the themes of documenta 14.
All participants have the chance to win a one-month intensive language course at the Goethe-Institut Hamburg, which includes a visit to documenta 14 in Kassel (this will take the form of a partial stipend that does not cover the cost of travel to Hamburg).
Start learning German with this online course offered by the Goethe-Institut Rio de Janeiro! Meet the artists represented at documenta 14 this year! And if you’re lucky, win a language course in Hamburg and a trip to the exhibition grounds of documenta 14 in Kassel!
What we offer?
apropos documenta 14 an online German course for people interested in art:
- An online language course at A1.1 level, consisting of 42 units
- Course dates: May 22nd to July 16th, 2017
- Three special sessions (worth 6 units) that feature discussions with selected guests on the themes of this year’s documenta (in English, moderated by Robin Mallick)
- One issue of the online magazine "South as a State of Mind"
- Number of participants: 8 to 16
- A free four-week intensive language course at the Goethe-Institut in Hamburg (September 4th to 28st, 2017)
- Room and board for the duration of the course
- Personal liability, accident and health insurance for the duration of the course
- Second class train tickets from Hamburg to Kassel and back
- One night in a hotel in Kassel (standard single room)
- A guided tour through the grounds of documenta 14
Keyword: documenta 14
IBAN: DE87 7004 0041 0227 5261 00
Any international transfer fees that may apply will be covered by the Goethe-Institut in Rio de Janeiro. To facilitate this, please select the option "Beneficiary" (BEN) when making the international wire transfer.
All course participants whose complete registration materials (including proof of payment) have been submitted to us by the indicated deadline will receive the login data for the virtual classroom on Saturday, May 20th, 2017. The classroom can be accessed via My Goethe.de. Further information will be provided together with the confirmation of enrolment.
Join us for this very special German course organised in the context of documenta 14!