The Goethe-Institut, and the Consulate General of the Federal Republic of Germany in Jeddah are launching a joint Open Call for artists from Saudi Arabia with the aim of strengthening the networking of the artistic scenes in Saudi Arabia and Germany. The focus is on artistic practice in the context of the work of different, also marginalized communities.
The ISTIKSHAF program consists of a (virtual) education and networking program as well as a 7-day study trip to Germany and a presentation in Saudi Arabia.
WHAT IS OFFERED?
Workshops and seminars on the following topics:
- Empowerment and representation in the context of artistic practice
- role of arts and culture in community building, participation, in arts education and in strengthening the network
- joint workshops and break-out sessions digitally and physically with artists and cultural actors from Germany working on the above topics
- 18.10. First Session
- 25.10. Second Session
- 1.11. Third Session
- 29.11. Final Session + Evaluation
7-day study tour from 13-19.11.2022:
- To Berlin and Hamburg
- visits and workshops in cultural institutions and artists' studios
- Flight from the place of residence to Germany and transportation in Germany
- Hotel accommodation during the trip
- Breakfast and one meal on the days of the trip
- Interest in the above topics and in networking with the cultural scene in Germany
- Good command of English
- Commitment to participate in all phases of the program (max. 4 online sessions, totaling about 16 hours), study tour (7 days , dates as above)
- ِA short (up to 160 words) letter of motivation: Why are the topics of the program relevant to your own artistic practice?
Application deadline: 26.09.2022
Please send your applications to:
In cooperation with the Goethe-Institut Hamburg, Center for International Cultural Education
Istikshaf 2022 is kindly supported by Herrenknecht Saudi Arabia LTD