Open Call for a Three-Months-Residency in Leipzig
Residency Period III from 2nd November, 2020 - 29th January, 2021: for artists from Indonesia, Philippines, Singapore and Vietnam.
The Goethe-Institut is the cultural institute of the Federal Republic of Germany. We promote knowledge of the German language abroad and foster international cultural cooperation. We convey a comprehensive image of Germany by providing information about cultural, social and political life in Germany. This project is funded by the Goethe-Institut in South East Asia.
LIA-Leipzig International Art Programme (www.LIAp.eu) is a thirteen year old art programme and nonprofit artist residency at the Spinnerei Leipzig, a 10 hectare big international known art factory of over 120 art studios, galleries and art institutions.
LIA offers an 80 m² furnished studio (incl. linen, towels, internet, washing machine, commonly used kitchen and bathroom) to live and work in. In addition, the Goethe-Institut covers your international travel and gives you a monthly stipend of 1,000 € for living, insurance and material costs.
Please see www.monocle.com/film/culture/leipzig-s-artist-studios as well as the LIA web-site and click on application for further information of all services included.
How to apply? What are the requirements?
- You are living and working in one of the countries listed above
- For Vietnam: in a previous call Vietnamese artists living in Da Nang or South of Da Nang had priority, this application will give priority to Vietnamese artists living North of Da Nang, Hue, Hanoi
- Please send a short text of no more than half a DIN-A4 page about your motivation to come to Leipzig or a project plan as a pdf file
- 6 images of your work, a CV, link to your web-site or social-media-site
- Your e-mail must not exceed 6 MB and has to be sent in one piece with the subject matter below