- The project must be a cohesive, curatorial proposal that includes the intended participants (up to 4) and their relevant practices.
- The project should be new—as opposed to an ongoing work or iteration of a pre-existing work
- Should the proposal be for a collective, there needs to be a representative applicant.
- The curator/representative applicant may also be a participating practitioner.
- The project and its development are independent and self-initiated, but the practitioners-in-residence are expected to stay in constant dialogue with the programming team of the Goethe-Institut Singapore.
- The project budget will be discussed, agreed on beforehand, and jointly-managed with the programming team of the Goethe-Institut Singapore.
- Applicants must be contemporary practitioners based in Singapore.
The evaluation will be based on the candidates' proposal and the quality of the application. The selection process is at the discretion of Goethe-Institut Singapore. Relevant areas of consideration include:
- artistic innovation or critical cultural practice
- quality and cohesiveness of the proposal and interpolation of each practice
- relevance to contemporary discourse
- feasibility of proposal
How to Apply
Please send your project proposal to Valerie-Ann.Tan@goethe.de
The application should include the following:
- main proposal and curatorial concept
- how you intend to use the space
- potential outcomes or public programmes
- profiles and relevance of all practitioners involved (up to 4)
- projected budget
- Application deadline 31 May 2021
- Occupancy period Jul-Nov 2021