APPLICATION AND SELECTION
Eligibility criteria :
- Applicants should be emerging musicians with professional experience from the Arab World or from Europe.
- Applicants must have international attempt and are open to absorb new artistic directions and ideas.
- Applicants should be max. 40 years old ( 1981 or younger).
- Applicants must have the nationality of a state of the League of Arab States or an EU member state. Applicants from an EU pre-accession country or the United Kingdom will be taken into consideration as well.
- Applicants must currently reside within a state of the League of Arab States or an EU member state. Applicants residing within an EU pre-accession country or the United Kingdom will be taken into consideration as well.
- Applicants must have a passport with min. 6 months validity from the day of arrival (28/29.11.2021) and fulfil all requirements to obtain a Schengen visa.
- Applicants must have basic communication skills in English.
- Applicants must accept to participate in the open jam at Werkplaats Walter during the residency and in an improvisation concert at the Centre for Fine Arts Brussels that will be recorded and streamed live.
- Applicants must be fully available for the residency programme, from 29 November in the morning until 5 December 2021 in the morning, and cannot take any other commitments during that period of time.
Please note that gender and geographical balance will be taken into account as selection criteria.
Practicalities for the residency:
- Dates of the residency : 29 November - 05 December 2021.Arrival on 28 November or latest 29 November before 10:00 am and departure on 05 December 2021
- Location : Brussels (Belgium) – The residency will take place at Werkplaats Walter
. The improvisation concert on 4 December 2021 will take place at Bozar – Centre for Fine Arts Brussels
- Budget : Each artist in residency will receive a per diem for accommodation, food expenses, local transportation in Brussels and from/to the airport or train station. The per diem will be payable for each overnight stay between date of departure and date of return. The organisers will cover the travel costs (max. 500,00€ per person for international travels) and possible expenses linked to the visa procedure. Bozar will provide the musicians a gross fee of 400,00 € per person for their participation in the public improvisation concert.
Practicalities for the application :
- Deadline for the submission of the application is 6 July 2021 at 6:00 pm (Brussels time).
- It is required to fill in our application form in English
Selection Committee and deadlines:
The submissions will be reviewed and evaluated by a jury consisting of representatives of the participating partner organisations.
Please note that only selected artists will get a reply on 20 July 2021 at the latest.