“Hidden Corners – Insider tips for Bangkok!”
Video competition for language course participants of the Goethe-Institut Thailand
Bangkok is one of the most fascinating Asian cities and is extremely popular with adventure-hungry travelers! Most visitors to the city are familiar with the major tourist attractions such as the Royal Palace, Wat Pho, Wat Arun,
etc. These are listed in most travel guides. But the City of Angels has many other noteworthy sights known only to Bangkokians. Whether it’s a new market, a tranquil seating area in one of the many parks or a photo vantage point in a high-rise building - these are all worthy attractions!
Do you know of any such places? Which hidden corners or undiscovered attractions do you know of in Bangkok? Make a video and share it with us. Lots of attractive prizes are to be won!
Who can compete?
Anyone who has taken a language course at the Goethe-Institut Thailand during the year 2017-2018.
Compile a short video clip - either on your own or with a partner. The video should be a creative presentation of a place of your choice in Bangkok and must be in German.
Your video must meet the following criteria:
1) The main language used in the film must be German.
2) The video should be a creative introduction to at least one Bangkok hidden attraction.
3) The clip must provide important information about the chosen attraction/s.
4) The duration of the finished production must be between 2 minutes (minimum) and 4 minutes
5) The use of copyright music is forbidden.
How and when?
You may participate on your own or together with one other person. Interesting prizes are to be won and every participant will receive a small recognition from the Goethe-Institut Thailand
Fill out the form below and send us your video clip using a download link. By registering, you agree to the competition rules.
Only one video may be submitted per entrant/pair.
The competition phases are as follows:
Registration and submission of video clips: from October 1st until November 18th 2018 at 23:59hr Thailand
Prize-giving ceremony: December 2018, during the Christmas party for language course participants at the Goethe-Institut Thailand.
Some language support is available for participants. You may use these sentences in your video clip, however it is not a requirement. Click the link below to download the documents:
What can I win?
• 1st prize: one free language course (80 teaching hours) at the Goethe-Institut Bangkok plus one Smartphone Stabilizer (DJI Osmo Mobile II)
• 2nd prize : one free language course (40 teaching hours) at the Goethe-Institut Bangkok plus one external hard disk 2.0 TB.
• 3rd prize: 2.000 THB discount on the next language course taken at the Goethe-Institut Thailand
Pair entries: (prizes per person)
• 1st prize : one free language course (40 teaching hours) at the Goethe-Institut Bangkok plus one external hard disk 1.0 TB.
• 2nd prize : one free language course (20 teaching hours) at the Goethe-Institut Bangkok plus one Sony Powerbank.
• 3rd prize : 1.000 THB discount on the next language course taken at the Goethe-Institut Thailand
*All free language courses and discounts must be redeemed by December 31st, 2019 and are only valid for courses taken at the Goethe-Institut Bangkok.
All video entries will be uploaded to the Facebook page of the Goethe-Institut Thailand. A polaroid camera (Fujifilm Instax mini 9) goes to the entrant who receives most “likes”.
All persons appearing in the videos must have given their previous consent. Both idea and implementation must be your own. By taking part in the competition, you consent to your film idea being used and published on DVD, on the Goethe-Institut’s web page or on social networks. Entrants are not entitled to claimremuneration for the possible future use of their videos by the Goethe-Institut. Should your entry be amongst those published and implemented professionally, you will receive a free copy of the production. Please refrain from using copyright music in your video otherwise it cannot be viewed on YouTube.