Structure-enhancing projects in [Land der Ausschreibung zu ergänzen] and in other countries outside the European Union are eligible for funding, particularly in countries in which there are no or only very limited alternative support opportunities available for cultural and educational organisations to cope with the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The funding instrument is addressed at organisations that make a contribution through their cultural work to safeguarding a pluralistic society. It is a significant asset
if applicant organisations have already demonstrated a high level of administrative reliability
in the past when collaborating with the Federal Foreign Office, the Goethe-Institut or other cultural mediators or foundations involved in the consortium. Proof of previous successful collaboration itself is required in any event (cf. 7 below). To submit an application, organisations must take part in the tender for projects. Institutions meeting the following criteria are entitled to take part:
- Cultural organisations with a proven impact on civil society
- At least three years of continuous activity in the cultural / civil society sector
Applicant organisations undertake to submit proof of employment of funds for the total amount of funds received and a report on the subsidised measures at the end of the funding period in the event that they are awarded funding.
The submission deadline for project applications for aid fund support is 07.05.2021
Documents to be submitted
- Self-portrayal of the organisation in English or German (max. one Word page)
- Statement of past collaboration with the Federal Foreign Office (embassy), the Goethe-Institut or another of the organisations involved in the consortium (as part of the self-portrayal, proof must be submitted)
- Informative statement of opinion of the local embassy, local Goethe-Institut or another of the organisations involved in the consortium (max. one Word page)
- Informative statement of opinion of two distinguished individuals of standing in civil society (local language possible)
- Proof of due and proper management and fulfilment of the criteria for funding: completion and submission of a form created for this purpose including further documents such as annual financial statements (local language possible)
- Description and cost plan of the project to be funded for the year 2021 in English, German or French (max. 1.5 Word pages of continuous text plus supporting tables)
- Description of the financial distress brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic in English, German or French (max. one Word page)