Call for Residency Officer
The Goethe-Institut Ukraine, the official cultural institute of the Federal Republic of Germany and a leading international cultural organisation in Ukraine, is recruiting a part-time (50%) Project Officer for Residencies (from October 2019 or earlier for 3 years) for the House of Europe programme.
- to conceptualise and manage the residency programme (international residencies for artists from Ukraine and from the EU taking place in the EU and in Ukraine);
- to ensure high-quality programme activities meet partner, donor, and participant expectations, and are delivered on time and to budget;
- to implement selection criteria, quality and evaluation standards, decision-making procedures, annual project management plans, activity content, communication, dissemination, and sustainability strategies, in close coordination with section Manager and the Team Lead;
- to undertake monitoring and evaluation of the respective activities in accordance with House of Europe, Goethe-Institut, and EU standards;
- to reach out to and collaborate with partners, experts, professional networks, and organisations on both Ukrainian and international levels;
- to manage operational finances, financial planning, and reporting for the respective activities;
- to report to the section Manager
main opportunities/challenges for this role
- volume and complexity of programme and programme activities;
- intercultural, international, and multi-disciplinary scope of programme activities;
- to accompany ongoing transformation processes and international political contexts;
- to ensure digital engagement and impact for House of Europe activities;
- to work on a flagship EU-funded programme that will contribute to the promotion of EU values in Ukraine.
skills, experience, and qualifications for the roleEssential
- English and Ukrainian to C1 level. Good German skills are an asset;
- university degree in arts management or equivalent;
- at least two years’ experience in successful delivery of projects to agreed financial and non-financial targets,
- strong experience and network in the artistic residency scene.
- experience in organising residency programmes and/or other formats of artistic exchange and collaboration;
- experience in successfully pursuing and developing projects through donor-funded, sponsorship-, client-, and/or co-funded partnerships;
- experience and expertise in civil engagement, reform processes, change management;
- substantial experience in working in an international, English-speaking environment;
- experience in leading a team is an asset.
- strong team player, ability to reflect team roles, to react to problems in teams;
- self-reflection, willingness to revise, acceptance of criticism, ask questions where necessary;
- creative and analytic thinking, structured and result-oriented approach, ability to get things done;
- availability to work under stress, with temporarily high workload, and under minimal supervision;
- readiness to work on weekends and in the evening, and for work-related traveling.
what we offer
- a good salary according to Ukrainian remuneration schemes;
- to be part of a challenging, multidisciplinary international project providing high-level learning and development opportunities.
Furthermore to be included
- CV (English)
- degree and work certificates (.jpg or .pdf). Employments need to be proven by scanned work book (трудова книжка).
Deadline for applications is Fri, 13 September 2019, 12:00 noon EEST (Ukrainian summer time).
Selected candidates will contacted by phone, and, if applicable, invited for a personal interview.