EU-funded House of Europe Programme
Call for Front Desk Co-ordinator
The Goethe-Institut Ukraine, the official cultural institute of the Federal Republic of Germany and a leading international cultural organisation in Ukraine, is recruiting a full-time Front Desk Co-ordinator (from July for 3.5 years or longer) for the House of Europe programme.
- to be the first entry point for all requests regarding the House of Europe programme and the Kyiv information and co-ordination hub;
- to handle information requests on House of Europe and EU programmes and opportunities, ranging from basic to complex, in line with the overall communication, quality assurance, and risk management strategies of House of Europe;
- to redirect inquiries further to the respective EU desk or source of information;
- to manage the front desk of the House of Europe office;
- to flexibly complement other roles and tasks, where needed.
main opportunities/challenges for this role:
- to be the first point of contact for diverse, interested external audiences;
- to be at the fore-front of providing information regarding both House of Europe and other EU programmes and opportunities;
- to work on a flagship EU-funded programme that will contribute to the promotion of EU values in Ukraine.
skills, experience, and qualifications for the role:Essential:
- native Ukrainian speaker, English to C1 level. Good German skills are an asset;
- university degree in international relations, European studies, service design, communications, or equivalent;
- two years of professional experience with customer exposure such as CRM, career consultancy, communication, or equivalent.
- broad knowledge of international and EU programmes and opportunities;
- profund understanding of EU and international contexts;
- experience in working in an international, English-speaking and/or EU environment;
- qualification/expertise in a sector relevant to House of Europe’s programme activities.
- excellent communication skills, very good language and wording literacies;
- polite, diplomatic personality, positive and encouraging approach, ability to adjust to heterogeneous audiences and to get along with people;
- ability to make the right connections, to see the larger picture, to prioritise a broad variety of requests and tasks, attention to details;
- sensitivity to risks and pitfalls, de-escalatory approach;
- ability to quickly retrieve and extrapolate information, flexible and generalist mindset;
- strong team player, ability to reflect team roles, to react to problems in teams;
- self-reflection, willingness to revise, acceptance of criticism, ask questions where necessary;
- creative and analytic thinking, structured and result-oriented approach, ability to get things done;
- availability to work under stress, with temporarily high workload, and under minimal supervision.
what we offer:
- a good salary according to Ukrainian remuneration schemes;
- to be part of a challenging, multidisciplinary international project providing high-level learning and development opportunities.
Furthermore to be included:
- Motivation letter
- CV (English)
- degree and work certificates (.jpg or .pdf)
Deadline for applications is Thu, 25 April, 2019, 11:59 p.m. EEST (Ukrainian summer time).
Selected candidates will be invited for a phone interview, and, if applicable, for a personal interview