Call for Monitoring & Evaluation / Quality Assurance Manager (1) + Officer (1)
The Goethe-Institut Ukraine, the official cultural institute of the Federal Republic of Germany and a leading international cultural organisation in Ukraine, is recruiting a full-time Monitoring & Evaluation / Quality Assurance Manager (from October for ca. 3.5 years) and a full-time Monitoring & Evaluation / Quality Assurance Officer (from October for ca. 3.5 years) for the House of Europe programme.
- to implement the existing M&E strategy and plan and set up a consistent and comprehensive M&E system across all of the activities in all programme components and make suggestions for the project and its activities to be constantly improved;
- to thus help ensure high-quality programme activities meet partner, donor, and participant expectations, and are delivered on time and to budget in close coordination with other section Managers and the Team Lead;
- to report to the Team Lead;
- to lead the Monitoring & Evaluation team.
- to monitor and evaluate selection criteria, quality and evaluation standards, decision-making procedures, annual project management plans, activity content, communication, dissemination, and sustainability strategies;
- to monitor and evaluate complex programme activities such as grants for international mobility and cooperation, professional capacity building tours and residences in EU countries, mobile information hubs and events in different regions of Ukraine;
- to prepare regular annual progress reports and final evaluation reports;
- to prepare all necessary documents for evaluations carried out by independent evaluation experts.
main opportunities/challenges for this role
- volume and complexity of programme and programme activities;
- intercultural, international, and multi-disciplinary scope of programme activities;
- to accompany ongoing transformation processes and international political contexts;
- to work on a flagship EU-funded programme that will contribute to the promotion of EU values in Ukraine.
skills, experience, and qualifications for the roleEssential
- university degree in social sciences, statistics, or equivalent;
- several years of experience in the development of M&E systems and the design of project evaluations, experience of evaluation in the cultural sector is an advantage;
- very good knowledge of data collection methods as well as very good quantitative and qualitative data analysis skills;
- cost-benefit analysis skills;
- excellent communication skills, including good data visualisation skills;
- substantial experience in leading a team (Manager);
- substantial experience in working in an international, English-speaking environment.
- English and Ukrainian to C1 level. Good German skills are an asset;
- good knowledge of impact analysis in the EU context;
- experience in the development of a quality management system;
- very good knowledge of SPSS, Stata, R or a similar statistical software, knowledge of qualitative data analysis software desirable (e.g. MAXQDA);
- experience in developing/managing international cultural exchange;
- qualification/expertise in a sector relevant to House of Europe’s programme activities.
- strong team player, ability to reflect team and leadership (Manager) roles, to react to problems in teams;
- self-reflection, willingness to revise, acceptance of criticism, ask questions where necessary;
- creative and analytic thinking, structured and result-oriented approach, ability to get things done;
- availability to work under stress, with temporarily high workload, and under minimal supervision.
what we offer
- a good salary according to Ukrainian remuneration schemes
- to be part of a challenging, multidisciplinary international project providing high-level learning and development opportunities
Furthermore to be included
- CV (English)
- degree and work certificates (.jpg or .pdf). Employments need to be proven by scanned work book (трудова книжка).
Deadline for applications is Fri, 20 September 2019, 12:00 noon EEST (Ukrainian summer time).
Selected candidates will be invited for a phone interview, and, if applicable, for a personal interview.