German Online Courses
The Goethe-Institut will offer the following online German courses from February 26 - June 24, 2018 for language learners living in the USA and Canada:
- A1 for Beginners ($ 750)
- A2 for Advanced Beginners ($ 750) and
- B1.1 and B1.2 for Intermediate students ($ 750 each).
Registration for the above courses is closed. If you are interested in upcoming online group courses, we will be offering courses again at the end of September 2018. Further information will be available soon on this webpage.
If you already have previous knowledge of German, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
and will we send you our online placement test.
Our Online Group Courses use real life situations to provide an authentic context in which to learn the German language. The goal of the program is to develop and/or improve the following essential skills needed to communicate: oral and written comprehension, oral and written expression, vocabulary, and grammar.
The learning program consists of
- exercises that you complete on your own at your own pace and
- exercises in which you work together with the other course participants in your group.
- Virtual classroom sessions with your tutor to discuss the exercises and practice communication skills.
As you progress through the course, your tutors will provide you with regular feedback about your work and will be able to offer you additional exercises to enhance your learning progress.
The Online Group Courses are organized by the Goethe-Institut Chicago.