Our Online Group Courses use real life situations to provide an authentic context in which to learn the German language. The goal of the program is to develop and/or improve the following essential skills needed to communicate: oral and written comprehension, oral and written expression, vocabulary, and grammar.
The learning program consists of
- exercises that you complete on your own at your own pace and
- exercises in which you work together with the other course participants in your group.
- Virtual classroom sessions with your tutor to discuss the exercises and practice communication skills.As you progress through the course, your tutors will provide you with regular feedback about your work and will be able to offer you additional exercises to enhance your learning progress.
The Online Group Courses are organized by the Goethe-Institut Chicago.
- Mac, iPad, tablet, PC or laptop (Adobe Flash Player is required to complete some assignments)
- Headset with microphone
- Stable internet connection, in case of Wi-Fi with sufficient bandwidth, specifically for the virtual live sessions
Please check here if your internet connection is sufficient: speed-test für Deutsch online
Courses at the A1 level do not require any previous knowledge of German.
If you already have previous knowledge of German, please send a message to email@example.com
and will we send you our online placement test.
The Goethe-Institut will offer the following online German courses for language learners living in the USA and Canada from September 23, 2019 - January 30, 2020:
- A1, A2 and B1 for Teenagers (13-16 years old)
Register now for an online group course
. Choose the "online" location or format in the table and look for your course level. Click on the green "book" button to the right of your course to sign up.
If you need help anytime during the registration process, please send a message to: firstname.lastname@example.org
or call us at (312) 263-0472.