Teachers of German as a Foreign Language
Candidates must have a valid work permit for the United States.
The Goethe-Institut New York is seeking Teachers of German as a Foreign Language.
Your Role on the Teaching Staff:
- Teach adults in German as a Foreign Language
- Ability to teach A1 to C2 levels
- Administer exams of Goethe-Certificates A1 to C2 (Exam Administration Certificate required)
- Participate in staff meetings and further training courses at the institute
- Collaborate with the Language Department, incl. relevant events and projects in the field of teaching and training
- Provide advice to customers on the Goethe-Institut's language courses and exams
- Command of native level German
- Degree in German Studies or qualifications as a Teacher of German as a Foreign Language with an in-depth understanding of related teaching methods
- Previous experience teaching adult-level German as a Foreign Language
- Ability to integrate digital media in the classroom (ie teaching platform, interactive whiteboards and iPad)
- Familiarity with the spectrum of published teaching material for German as a Foreign Language
- Competency in teaching intercultural studies
- High social and intercultural competence
- A contract with competitive conditions
- Introduction to the Goethe-Institut's methods and teaching standards (compensated separately)
- Continuing education opportunities at the institute
The Goethe-Institut is committed to the equal treatment of sexes in the workplace. The Goethe-Institut is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates must have a valid work permit for the United States.
Please submit your application (resume and cover letter, names and contact information of two to three references by e-mail (max. 2MB) to: email@example.com