You can sign up anytime. Just come by, give us a call, send us an e-mail or fill out the online-registration.
You can sign up online if you are a complete beginner or if you know your level. Otherwise, please take a placement test in order to enroll in a course.
Test your German online to see how much German you already know.
Test your German online
After you have taken the online placement test and you are still not sure which level is the right one for you, please contact our Language Course Office to make an appointment for a final evaluation with one of our in-house teachers.
1. General Requirements
Course participants must be at least 18 years of age.
2. Terms of Payment
Upon application, the course participant will receive a preliminary confirmation. This confirmation will state the date by which payment of course fees is due in full.
If full payment is not received by the due date, the participant loses the right to participate.
3. Course fees
The contractually binding fee is the fee stated in the price list current at the time of application.
3.2. Methods of payment:
4. Cancellation and refunds
4.1 Standard Courses:
- Check (payable to Goethe-Institut)
- Money Order (payable to Goethe-Institut)
- CashRefund policies:
Courses cancelled before the course starts will be refunded 100%. Cancellation of your registration after course begin is subject to a 20% processing fee. The remaining 80% will be refunded if cancellation is submitted within 4 working days after the first class session. No more refunds hereafter.
4.2 Intensive Courses:
Courses cancelled before the course begins will be refunded 100%. Intensive Courses cancelled on the second day, by 5pm, will be refunded 80%. No more refunds hereafter.
4.3 Immersion Day:
If you cancel the course before it begins, you will receive a 100% refund. No more refunds given on or after the immersion day date.
4.3 One on One and Small Group Courses:
Courses cancelled before the course starts will be refunded 100%. Cancellation of your registration after course begin is subject to a 25% processing fee. The remaining 75% will be refunded if cancellation is submitted within 4 working days after the first course session. No more refunds hereafter.
Fees need to be paid on/before enrollment deadline. In case of cancellation, you will be charged a 20 % administration fee. The remaining fee will be reimbursed.
4.5 German Courses for Teenagers:
If the course is cancelled four weeks before the course begins, it will be refunded 100%. A course cancelled three weeks before the course begins, will be refunded 80% of the course tuition. If the course has to be cancelled due to low enrollment, the Goethe-Institut will provide a full refund.
Cancellation must be made in writing.
5. Course level assignment / class size
Placement in course levels is based on the placement test conducted at the Goethe-Institut.
Our courses have at least eight and at most 16 participants. If enrollment is insufficient on the starting date, we reserve the right to cancel or postpone the course. In this case we will offer the participants the opportunity to move to another course or to receive a full refund of the course fee. We regret that we can only conduct courses that have the minimum number of participants by the end of the enrollment period. To avoid cancellations of courses that would have taken place if participants had enrolled in time, we advise students in their own interests to register before the deadline.
Addendum for low enrollment
Starting August 2018 until further notice, in order to ensure 36-unit-classes-per-session with low enrollment (less than 8 enrolled) can be held, the following will apply:
Fee per session:
Units per class:
- 4-5 enrolled: 32 units
- 6-7 enrolled: 34 units
- 8 and up enrolled: 36 units
Tiered number of units result from lower enrollment allowing for more rapid progress and more individualized instruction.
6. Responsibilities of participants
Participants are obliged to comply with the course rules and house rules applicable to the Goethe-Institut.
7. Liability of the Goethe-Institut
The liability of GI and its staff is limited to intent and gross negligence. GI also accepts no liability for the cancellation of its services due to force major (e.g. natural disasters, fire, floods, war, official orders and all other circumstances beyond the control of the contractual parties).