The Goethe-Institut San Francisco is looking for highly motivated teachers to join our team in the language department.
There will be a period of in-depth familiarization with the Goethe-Institut’s standards and methods of teaching German as a foreign language and the use of digital media in language teaching.
Classes are mainly held in the evening and on the weekends. We offer standard classroom, as well as One-on-One, and online courses.
Your Role on the Teaching Staff:
- Teach teenagers and adults in German as a Foreign Language
- Ability to teach A1 to C2 levels
- Participate in staff meetings and further training courses at the institute
- Command of native level German
- Degree in German Studies or qualifications as a Teacher of German as a Foreign Language with an in-depth understanding of related teaching methods
- Previous experience teaching adult-level German as a Foreign Language
- Ability to integrate digital media in the classroom (i.e. teaching platform, interactive whiteboards)
- Familiarity with the spectrum of published teaching material for German as a Foreign Language
- Competency in teaching intercultural studies
- High social and intercultural competence
The Goethe-Institut is committed to the equal treatment of sexes in the workplace. The Goethe-Institut is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Please submit your application by e-mail:
- Cover letter
- Two to three references
Please send your application forms to:
Language Program Director