Ideal if you'd like to ...
- demonstrate that you have a basic knowledge of German,
- prove that you have successfully reached level A2,
- be issued an official and internationally recognized certificate.
The Goethe-Zertifikat A2 is a German exam for adults. It requires elementary language skills and corresponds to the second level (A2) on the six-level scale of competence laid down in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
Passing the exam demonstrates that you can ...
- understand and use sentences and common expressions in everyday situations,
- make yourself understood in simple, routine situations demanding an exchange of information on familiar and common topics,
- describe your background and education, immediate surroundings and other matters associated with your immediate needs in a simple way.
*) The cheaper price displayed applies if you have already participated in a German language course at the Goethe Institute in the past six months. The six months refer to the period between when the language course ended and the date of the German language exam. In this case, the price will change automatically during the booking procedure. If not, please contact the course office.
If none of the exam dates above are convenient, most of our exams may be booked as individual exams for an additional fee. Please contact us
for further information.
Exam results A1-C1 are made available approximately 10 business days after the exam date. C2 Schreiben results are made available approximately four weeks after the exam date.
Accessible and interactive sample exams and practice exercises to help you prepare online are available here.
Requirements, exam contents and further information on the Goethe-Zertifikat A2 exam are available here: