About GAPP, Inc.
GAPP is one of very few exchange programs based on long-term, sustainable partnerships which are not only between students, but between teachers, administrators, schools, and communities. GAPP is the largest and most successful bilateral student exchange program of the US with any other country. GAPP is supported by the German Foreign Office as well as The U.S. State Department.
GAPP, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) Public Charity under oversight of an independent Board of Directors, consisting of eight renowned and accomplished members of private and public institutions. Donations are fully tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law.
GAPP is one of very few exchange programs based on long-term, sustainable partnerships which are not only between students, but between teachers, administrators, schools, and communities.
In addition to its patronage, GAPP, Inc. contributes financial support under certain conditions.
As a nonprofit organization, all our proceeds go towards our mission.
Most GAPP groups travel every year or every other year. This way, the international visits become a well-known fixture in the communities and not only participating students, families, and teachers benefit from the reciprocal and regular visits, but also school administrations, local media and public figures. They all get acquainted with the international visitors and their culture, which not only broadens horizons but leads to intercultural understanding and openness that lasts a life-time.
For detailed information on GAPP short term and long term exchanges please see our section “Exchanges" or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thank you for considering to support GAPP!
Your donations play an integral role in helping us to maintain, develop, and strengthen the quality and diversity of our international exchange programs and services.
By investing in our mission, you are:
- directly supporting students who otherwise would not have the financial resources to participate in their school’s exchange
- allowing students to return with knowledge and an understanding of a foreign culture that will shape their entire future and can lead to enduring positive relationships. GAPP is proud to work with these open-minded young students who are interested in intercultural dialogue and want to broaden their views within the framework of an educational exchange.
- helping GAPP support teachers in building school partnerships and conducting exchanges
- our convenient donation form on our website under the tab "Support GAPP"
- PayPal (most credit cards accepted)
- sending a check to German American Partnership Program, 30 Irving Place, New York, NY-10003.
- selecting the German American Partnership Program on AmazonSmile. This is a simple and automatic way for you to support your favorite charitable organization every time you shop at Amazon, at no cost to you.
- selecting GAPP on PayPal Giving funds when shopping at participating vendors such as Humble Bundle, ebay, etc.
GAPP is particularly grateful to all generous alumni, partners, and individual donors for allowing GAPP to support economically disadvantaged students who want to make the most of their high school education. Through this critical financial support, GAPP is able to provide them with the scholarships and funds they need in order to do so.
GAPP is a 501(c)(3) Public Charity. Your donations are fully tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law. You will receive a receipt for your donation.
Program Officer, GAPP-Counselor
GAPP was greatly expanded in 1982 and 1983. As a result of financial participation from the American as well as from the German side, the program received a stimulus which has been sustained to this very day. The number of school partnerships has increased from 150 in the early days to almost 800 today. Up to now, more than 300,000 students have participated in GAPP.